Decent motherboard for i7 2600k

pwagen

I'm going to put together a new rig in a month or two (when I get my tax returns!). I've pasted the specs I had in mind below, so feel free to comment on anything other than what I'm asking.

My biggest concern right now is the motherboard. The reason I picked that one is due to it having EFI, 6 GB/s SATA, 2xPCI-E and supporting 1600 MHz memory. However, knowing approximately nothing about motherboards, I don't know if it's the best choice in that price range, or even if it's at all decent.

I'm going to use the computer for gaming, thus the graphics card. Future plans involve getting another GTX 560 to run SLI, as well as maybe overclocking the processor. However that's not of any immediate concern. Also, I want it to be somewhat future proof (if there's such a thing). I want it to respond swiftly no matter what I do, thus getting a somewhat more expensive rig than might be necessary. I haven't included any prices, as I can imagine it varies quite a bit around the world. Here, the total would be 11500 SEK, which is equal to £1143/$1909/€1286. And I would prefer not to go too far beyond that.

So, would the motherboard be a reasonable choice? Also, what bottlenecks, if any, can you find in the system? Any further pointers would be appreciated. :)

Case Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium Grey

Mobo ASUS P8P67 PRO, Socket-1155

CPU Intel Core i7 Quad Processor i7-2600k

PSU Corsair TX V2 750W PSU

GPU MSI GeForce GTX 560Ti 1GB PhysX

RAM Kingston DDR3 HyperX 1600MHz 8GB

HDD Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB

DVD Samsung DVD+/-RW Burner, SH-S222A

SSD OCZ Vertex 3 120GB

• 1 month later...