Clothing

Zarnaxus

Why not be nude in public when it's warm?

Why not raise our kids to be okay with it?

Where there not nude societies with better sexual security than ours? (Native Americans, Ancient Greeks, etc.)

Clothes are for being warm... And fancy, expensive clothes are just silly...

Join a nudist group, be nude all you want.

I did.

Where there not nude societies with better sexual security than ours? (Native Americans, Ancient Greeks, etc.)

I'm not sure what you mean by this

I could agree to that for the most part...

It has been made a culture by regular practice. If you do so, you would be declared mad and put behind bars. You can only be nude in warm when everyone else is.

Making a practice vanish is not that simple.

Nudist colonies always claim that nakedness desexualizes people. If the sexuality of people is not concealed, then it seems more like the natural thing it is, so it becomes more matter-of-fact and less alluring and enticing.

But a downside of nudity is that some people might be subject to cruel comparisons, since clothing could not serve to disguise differences as it now does. Hideous scars, charcot joints, uncontrolled cancerous growths, teratomas, cornus, Cushing's Syndrome's deformations, cachexia, etc. might all be well hidden among clothed people but open to public horror in a nudist world. Clothes are the great leveller, as many schools using a school uniform seem to recognize.

Clothes also protect people from radiation, insects, thorns, splashing bacon grease, ridicule, revulsion, the spread of fecal matter, saddle sores, dropped boxes, etc.

Fancy, expensive clothes are just silly to those who find them silly. Just like some people feel about fancy cars, fancy food, fancy music, fancy homes, fancy dancing, fancy hotels, etc. What is fancy and expensive to one person may be dull and cheap to another.

There are many disadvantages to do so as others pointed out, however, the primary reason is that the expose of sexual organs provides the stimulus which harms the family-based ethical system.

You can't raise your kids outside of the ethical system which has been evolved.

The nude societies had been eliminated by the cultural evolution, which means such societies were weaker than the existing ones.

Clothes are for being warm, ethical, secured to harmful environment, and informative in the culture. But, it can be addictive, which happens in our societies everywhere.

go fry some bacon while stark naked, you'll find out other good reasons for clothes.

Simply wearing safety equipment (an apron) would be enough to protect you while cooking, lol There is no nudist rule that says you must expose yourself to harm because you are a nudist.

There are many disadvantages to do so as others pointed out, however, the primary reason is that the expose of sexual organs provides the stimulus which harms the family-based ethical system.

Do you have any proof of this? A great many people are family nudists.

You can't raise your kids outside of the ethical system which has been evolved.

A great many people already do...

The nude societies had been eliminated by the cultural evolution, which means such societies were weaker than the existing ones.

Again do you have any proof that nudity has anything to do with being a less than successful society?

Clothes are for being warm, ethical, secured to harmful environment, and informative in the culture. But, it can be addictive, which happens in our societies everywhere.

Addictive? Ethical?

Do you have any proof of this? A great many people are family nudists.

A great many people already do...

Again do you have any proof that nudity has anything to do with being a less than successful society?

Addictive? Ethical?

To be honest, this is not my science and I don't think that I need to prove anything.

If you think that you can prove your opinion, please provide any proof that "a great many people" are great.

To be honest, this is not my science and I don't think that I need to prove anything.

You made the claim read the rules of this forum.

If you think that you can prove your opinion, please provide any proof that "a great many people" are great.

I know personally hundreds of people who are nudists and are ethical people. World wide their are many millions of nudists, I see no reason to label these people as unethical, and I see no evidence they are unethical and I see no connection between nudity and ethical behavior but you said their is, now show some evidence of this...

I know personally hundreds of people who are nudists and are ethical people. World wide their are many millions of nudists, I see no reason to label these people as unethical, and I see no evidence they are unethical and I see no connection between nudity and ethical behavior but you said their is, now show some evidence of this...

Did I say that people who are nudists are unethical? This is your mis-understanding.

The unethical reaction caused by observing nude individual happens in countless rape cases all over the world.

Again, I don't think that I need to prove my opinion in this section as I do in the sections of THE SCIENCE. If the Administrator thinks that is the rule, I am not going to say anymore in the section.

Take ease!

Simply wearing safety equipment (an apron) would be enough to protect you while cooking, lol There is no nudist rule that says you must expose yourself to harm because you are a nudist.

my point was that the OP was saying clothes are only for warmth. an apron is an item of clothing that serves a protective purpose.

i could have chosen trousers and walking through a forest with lots of brambles or nettles.

the point would have been the same but less amusing.

Primitive peoples today who live in very hot climates always seem to wear some clothing to hide their primary sexual organs. Perhaps this indicates there is some transcultural value in hiding these organs? Secondary sexual organs are often exposed in the same societies, and even today in Martinique the native women go around bare-breasted, in contrast to the native women on the neighboring island of St. Lucia, who wear shirts. This is because the colonial masters of Martinique were French while those of St. Lucia were British, and the British until their rule ended in 1979 used to fine native women for appearing shirtless, so the practice of wearning shirts is now second-nature.

• 4 months later...
Guest lab_supplies

But a downside of nudity is that some people might be subject to cruel comparisons, since clothing could not serve to disguise differences as it now does. Hideous scars, charcot joints, uncontrolled cancerous growths, teratomas, cornus, Cushing's Syndrome's deformations, cachexia, etc. might all be well hidden among clothed people but open to public horror in a nudist world. Clothes are the great leveller, as many schools using a school uniform seem to recognize.

I agree, excellently written.

Nudist colonies always claim that nakedness desexualizes people. If the sexuality of people is not concealed, then it seems more like the natural thing it is, so it becomes more matter-of-fact and less alluring and enticing.

I've seen no such problem among nudists... Sex is seen as separate from nudity, no such desexualization occurs, nudity is just not the basis of sexuality among nudists.

Again I've observed no such problem among nudists, the problem you suggest is seen among clothed societies but not nudists....