Yay Paganism!

ydoaPs

I'm glad that you're standing up for what you perceive to be a slur, StringJunky, but where exactly did ydoaPs make hurtful remarks about us Christians?

It's the tone of the thread I find offensive, the slur is implied, and IMO not conducive to friendly discourse or reception by all of SFN's users. You are used to it here A Tripolation and can take it but newcomers and passers-by may take a different view. Ydoaps was religion-bashing subtle or not. You may take a different view but that's my take.

I might be being a bit heavy-handed here but I felt compelled to say that I think this kind of thing is unacceptable in a public science forum that seems to have a mission to educate. I really get the feeling sometimes that science is almost a religion itself amongst its more fundamentalist followers with a similar attitude of intolerance and exclusion.

Sorry to spoil the party guys...I'll get off my soapbox now.

It's the tone of the thread I find offensive, the slur is implied, and IMO not conducive to friendly discourse or reception by all of SFN's users.

English may not be your first language, but there is a world of difference between implied and inferred.

Ydoaps was religion-bashing subtle or not.
How so? You've yet to do anything but make unsubstantiated accusations.

edit: I might add that by your accusation that reclaiming a holiday for the goddess for whom it is even named is unjustified, it is YOU that are bashing the pagans.

Edited by ydoaPs