color spectrum on phototropism

DragonClaudz

Hi, i I need an experiment about plants for high school so I want to do the effects of different coloured light on the phototropism of bean plants. But in order to do this experiment I need to find some useful applications of the results. how would knowing this benefit humans?

I'm really interested in the topic but the experiment seems over done. Any suggestions on how I can make it more interesting?

I would really appreciate the help.

This is a rather difficult question; trying to find a real world application for phototropism is difficult especially because the response to the external stimuli is not permanent. I was initially thinking that landscapers could use phototropism to organize plants a certain way; if plants grow more quickly to a certain color than a different color then perhaps there are different ways to place plants that will be more or less aesthetic.

I don't know though; that application seems silly. A generic application into real life would be the increased knowledge of how plants react to the sunlight, possibly increasing our ability to bio-engineer better crop plants? Although, I feel like you would need a more specific link between phototropism and our ability to increase crop yields. Yet, this also sounds strange with phototropism.

I think a more applicable form of research with plants would be the effect of different wavelengths of light on cell growth. Then you could determine in which environment bean plants grow best; which would definitely have real-world results in increasing our crop yield. Although, this only applies if you can change your research question.