Which Way Does the Ballerina Spin

The Spinning Ballerina is something I see pretty often :/ I finally took a moment to look at it and see if I could in fact change the direction in which it spins. It has always spun clockwise for me, apparently this means I am right brain dominant. If the descriptions I have found are correct about what this would imply it would seriously explain why I have such a hard time with things like spelling and formulating viable life solutions. I am also prone to migraines in areas of the left side of my face and temporal regions that I have long associated with a variety of brain functions and have been meaning to get some medical aid as the pain can be debilitating most of the time.

How much truth is there to this whole idea? Is it in fact true that most persons are left brain dominant? How would this reflect on a persons ability to write; I can write left or right handed but when I write left handed it prefers to write mirrored. I can make it turn the other way as well, but in the end it always wants to turn clockwise ....

Awesome! She was spinning clockwise for me at first and I could not get her to spin counter-clockwise. I then found that if I closed my eyes and imagined her spinning in the opposite direction, as I opened my eyes she would be spinning in that imagined direction. At that point I could get her to change back and forth at will.

Edited by zapatos

I find it is easiest to switch it between directions if you look at the foot that is stationary in the center and then look up at the rest to see it spin that way.

Looking on other sites it seems to be 50/50 so if left brain is a social norm this doesn't seem like a very good test.

• 1 month later...

Anyone can learn to switch it at will, but it's cool how everyone uses different kicks to get the dancer to rotate the other direction. for me it works if u just look at the foot and shadow. for my gf she has to look at the upper body of the dancer and conversely the lower half to alternate directions.