Human Nocturnal Activity

Does Sleep Deprivation Enduce Nocturnal Activity?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does Sleep Deprivation Enduce Nocturnal Activity?

• Yep
    • Nope
    • Too...Tired...
    • Falling Asleep on This Fence

Since I've been deprived of sleep since school has started again, I seem to function better at night. I become more focussed, and more active (educationally). Why exactly is this? Is it the pressure of finishing homework before daybreak? Or just simply adapting to conditions?

I wish I had an explanation :)

Does/has this ever happened to anyone else?

it might be true for me too, but i'm not sure, because i've always been able to stay up late. As long as i keep movie or if i don't lie down i won't fall asleep, so i dunno if it did or not...i like the night better anyway. Quieter, calmer, MORE PRIVACY AND LESS ANNOYANCE FROM STUPID QUESTIONS

"This sounds like a job for Molecularman and his trusty sidekick, Atomicboy."

sorry, i just had to.

i am not only more active educationally, but also physically when i can't sleep. if i do my homework when i can't sleep, i get better grades on it. i also often lift weights and do push ups when i can't sleep.

you are probably just a night person. some people function better during the day, others at night.

lmao. I am moleculo-the molecular man! lol.

yes, it seems like I am a night person. I seem to do a lot of progressive procrastination during the day. (Progressive procrastination is a term I invented meaning- rather than doing what needs to be done, you work on something productively, but only for the intention of not doing the other thing.) :)

For example, I would rather program a game right after I get home, or surf the forums here, than do H(ome)W(ork).

Ive tried to get myself out of that habbit, but I just cant bring myself to do HW early! :)

This ever happen to anyone else? Any advice?

Well I know what you mean.

I started college a few months ago and If I stay up into the early ams I am WAY more alert and I can do my work more thouroughly and completely.

But I admit, I have an ED, and people with EDs sleep very little or oversleep. Never seem to do it normally.

Lately Ive been sleeping very little. And Ive been able to do very well in my classes!

But there have been times that Ive slept 18-24+ hours (and Im not talking jet lagged either!)

But there was something Ive read about this...I was really big on it last year. When I mentioned it to my english teacher she got all prissy. "That really makes no sense. explain yourself! immmmpossiblllleeee!" (she thinks shes all high and mighty...pfft)

Im sorry i dont remember. Im going to look thru my favorites files to see if I have a link or something saved.

There is one thing in common with everybody in this post. You're all young and in education. Your views on performing better at night may change when you start working regular hours and/or have a family of your own.

Many teenagers and young adults prefer to stay up at night, maybe it's something to do with making the most of the privacy of being the only one awake. I myself was like that but once I was working I found that I was more than willing to join the daylight club.

Does Sleep Deprivation Enduce Nocturnal Activity?
Don't hate me, but this seems to be the classic scientific mistake that:

Correlation = Causation

I would say that no, lacking sleep does necessarily mean that one will increase nocturnal activity. In fact, it may decrease overall activity; you'll be too tired to do anything.