how to read chemistry easily?

siva

friends............

if you are a good grade scorer in chemistry pls help me..

you won't beleive this.i get first grade in physics.maths bilogy,but third grade in chemistry.i really found it very hard to digest this thing..if you are a good scorer in chemistry pls help me.as it might have become a habit to you but i reallly can't read chemistry it is such a boredom subject..! unfortunately chemistry is very important in both medicine as well as engineering .pls

without having any strange feeling that you are a helping a stranger , help mee...!

Reading any subject requires great precision and concentration. You should revise all basics again and again and then tackle the difficult part. It would be easy if you understand and give it time than just cramming.

Use proper language, mate. Focus on punctuation marks as well!

What level are you at in chemistry? If you are a high school student I would recommend you reinforce yourself by memorizing your set of basis facts like polyatomic ions, common valences (as well as how they fall into the periodic table), and basic formulas like gram/mole conversions, density, and the like.

Some people might disagree, but I usually recommend that people just memorize the first 18 elements of the periodic table (periods 1 and 2, H through Ar). It really helps to be able to recall that aluminum should have a +3 charge for example. In high school, teachers tend not to stray too far from the first 18 elements, except or the rest of group I and II which have very predictable behavior anyway.

If you are an undergraduate college student, then just keep reading, keep reading, keep reading, practice mathematics, and then read some more. Undergrads have plenty of time to work huge sets of practice problems, this can always help. Make up your own problems, it's really not difficult to do. Just find someone more experienced to check your work.

When I get confused in a textbook, I try to go find a second, third, fourth, and fifth source to read the same information. Eventually, you will find an author that explains it in a way that fits your thought process. I tend to like the dry authors that give it to me straight without any filler or fluff.

If you find chemistry boring at the beginning level I would have to agree. If you stick with it, you will find that it gives many intellectually rewarding treasures; more so than physics or biology in my opinion, but I'm obviously biased :P.

Edited by mississippichem

By "read" chemistry do you mean the structures? I found that there are two helpful sites in this case, wikipedia (just search for what you're struggling with) or chem-wiki (simply google it) which even teaches you reaction mechanisms. As a rule it's good to know the OCTET rule and VSEPR theory.

By "read" chemistry do you mean the structures? I found that there are two helpful sites in this case, wikipedia (just search for what you're struggling with) or chem-wiki (simply google it) which even teaches you reaction mechanisms. As a rule it's good to know the OCTET rule and VSEPR theory.

Wondering this same thing myself. Do you mean you find it hard to read about chemistry, or is it the shorthand/nomenclature and stuff.

You can learn chemistry just by asking yourself some basic questions. Is it so you by heart other subjects and it fails when it comes to chemistry? Do you ever try to understand this subject?

Try at basic levels. Listen to your lecturer carefully. Revise by practicing the subject.

Adi