Frog experiment

Hitman47

in-ter-net.... try emailing a university. however be sure to email the correct science department. im sure that they would be more than happy to help if u say u want to make the world a better place.... blah blah blah and u want to make people aware of pollution damage to frogs through a science experiment at school. sound like a hippy. :P that may be a problem tho, coz hipee's are dumb.:D

If it were me, and I was testing the offspring of frog mating couples in different areas, I'd want to use at least 50 couples and ensure there was no amphibian infidelity in either group.

So potentially 1 million offspring to check. hohoho.

How can i improve my procedure of the experiment? I want to make it longer? What do i add?

Experiment

In this experiment, approximately 100 frog couples would be taken. Fifty of them would be put in a polluted area. In this case the polluted area would be the Guadalupe river in San Jose. The fifty other couples would be put in a clean area. In this case, in a clean pond in San Jose. This would be your control group. In the background information of the frog, 10,000 eggs can be produced. This usually takes one or two days. In the meantime observe the couples. After a week, bring back all the frogs being tested and count all the offspring they had produced. Record how many deformed frogs were born. Record the information in the data table.

I need new help. My experiment wasn't accepted, but luckily im still working with frogs ;)

Anyways the new experiment: I need to keep frogs in captivity and see if i can revert them and see the changes in their population.

Can anyone help me.

I know its quiet incomphrensible, but help!! :-(

• 3 weeks later...

you could check if frogs in polluted water have less offspring or if there is more mortality in offspring...

if you want to revers the effect you breed the frogs in polluted water...let them lay eggs...keep them there for a while until the tadpoles come out...transport half to a clean tank...the other half can remain in polluted water...

so you could also just collect tadpoles from a polluted site to make it simpler...keep half in water collected from that site and half in clean water...voila...see who do better and in what way.

more mortality?

delayed growth?

deformations?

etc.

I strongly suggest you take information based on previous studies. Some frog species can lay strands of up to 300,000 frog eggs at a time.

I remember when disecting a frog i accidently got the only female...whoopy, and it took m all hour just to remove part of the eggs in her stomach...they took up around 2/3 of her body mass or at least so it seemed.

My suggestis that if you do perform the experiment destroy an equal amount of each frogs offspring, lets say 99%, then you'll only have a few dozen thousand to count!:D