Pulse Treatment

rktpro

We have a doctor near our place who can tell you about your disease by just checking you pulse. The amazing part is that he is always accurate (he will look for cuts or something in case of external allergy or something).

Is such a system of treatment scientifically possible?

How can pulse rate tell what disease you are suffering from?

Some conditions do reveal themselves via pulse abnormalities. I have quite recently been diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. This was picked up by my doctor who found my pulse erratic and missing beats. It was then confirmed at my local hospital using an E.C.G..

Some doctors are very good at diagnosing patients.

It may seem that he only takes your pulse, but he must pick up a lot more signals in the meantime... he certainly picks up all the human body signals, and possibly more because of years of experience.

Some doctors are very good at diagnosing patients.

It may seem that he only takes your pulse, but he must pick up a lot more signals in the meantime... he certainly picks up all the human body signals, and possibly more because of years of experience.

Yes, he has a lot of experience.

There is a system of pulse diagnosis often used in Asian medicine, and it is a speciality among Korean physicans. They diagnose disease not just by counting the pulse rate as Western-trained physicians do, but also by 'reading' a whole range of varied sensations in the quality of the pulse. The way they read the pulse is analogous to the way Western physicians listen to the heartbeat. You do not just measure the heartrate, but you also listen for the whole variety of bruits which can indicate disease.