Information processing

Dean Mullen

After having an odd day of repeated dejá vu or flashes of memories of my dreams from the previous nights. I realized that these flashes were occurring when I looked at certain objects as if memories were been saved on other objects. This concept inspired me to realize you can save information in some sense on projections or representations rather than just physical objects, I went onto consider the concept of saving or even processing information on objects that are not just material.

Perhaps saving and processing information on liquids, gases, energy, or somehow information itself or to save information on projections or objects that bring to mind certain thoughts when a conscious being observes it through method of learning in other words a person looks at an object and remembers certain information they match up to that object and perhaps machines could be developed to use this technique.

We already store information in a sense in conceptual and theoretical structures, since our understanding of those structures 'reminds' us of a vast array of data bits that only become accessible to consciousness or memory when we think of the theories that hold them all together.

Similarly, Ancient Roman orators used to remember long speeches they had to give by fixating on the mental image they had of the familiar layout of their homes and associating each feature of the home, in order from front to back, with some step in their planned address. Then they could deliver a perfectly coherent speech just by calling to mind the image of their house.