controlling dreams and when you wake up

psi20

wow nice thread i have had many lucid dreams,unfortunately not any recently.I really make the most of them when i have them.I to have had flying dreams and although i try to go higher i get really nervous and come back down(maybe due to my being afraid of heights).The really big thrill though is knowing im dreaming i really shag just about every female i see.The difficulty is keeping my eyes open,you know its a bummer if you dont because the damn dream places you somewhere bloody else.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Last night I was able to control my dreams twice. I flew up for 5 seconds, knew I could control my dreams, wanted to fly to the sun, but failed and woke up.

You could control your dreams and the first thing you do is trying to fly to the sun?!? Well, more comment isn't needed I guess :rolleyes:

(just kidding)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting.

I just realized that how long you can lucid dream may depend on how long you can focus your thoughts.

I had another lucid dream. It sparked after I realized that my sister transformed into a friend of mine. I said to myself, "No, this must be a dream." I had to fight the idea that it was real. My friend tried to persuade me that the dream was real, but I resisted and went outside and flew. I could control it unlike last time. I flew past several high sky rises, saw people lounging on their balconies and on the ceiling, etc. I then thought about flying across California (big mistake once again, my last post said I tried to go to the Sun and look where that got me).

What happened next was that I tried to take a shortcut (through a library?). In other words, I semi- lost my grip on my dream and started going back into lala-land.

I regained control, but lost it not long after that.

Note to self: Don't try to fly long distances. Teleporting is much easier.

Well I have had (or remember having) a series of unrelated dreams from somewhere between the times of 9 PM, when I went to sleep to 3 A.M. when I somehow woke up (probably from sprinklers which go off at around 2:30)

well, i find it very werid that a have a consecutive series of dreams for certain period of time. Then, after that for a long time, i have no dreams. then i have dreams in series again. THat is so WERID. it is like becoming a pattern.

Yeah thats WERID !! .....its very weird too when you consider we all dream like that eh !!

well, i find it very werid that a have a consecutive series of dreams for certain period of time. Then, after that for a long time, i have no dreams. then i have dreams in series again. THat is so WERID. it is like becoming a pattern. But somehow my dreams aren't connected.

I do taht too, but somtimes i have a dream that i had a few years ago, and then i have one the next day that's a dream from a long time ago again, but it's a diff dream.

i hate it when i forget too. I lot of times, when i do realize i'm dreaming and stuff i get to a good part and then my dad wakes me up. o.O

Its strange because a few nights ago, I was having a dream, and the phone rang again, and I noticed it, and literally thought to myself, let someone else get it (knowing full well that it was not actually in the dream itself) and attempted to continue the dream. However, about a second later, once again literally, i thought to myself, oh no- Im awake. And at that point I became fully concious of my room, and woke up. I think it relies on the awareness of your surroundings. If you accept your surroundings as being physically there, you wake up, while if you are in the impression that they are not physically there, only in the dream, then you remain in a state of sleep.

i read an article that says we dream in the hours of 5am to 6am in the morning.

But' date=' i have no idea for the reason? anyone got anything to say about that?[/quote']

I think you are referring the socalled early morning dream or something like that. My understanding is that we all dream when we sleep. When we sleep, the memory burnner has been shut off, so we don't remember our dreams. To remember dream, we have to recall our dream as soon as we wake up, or when we are half asleep like in the early morning sleep.

The reason that I call the early morning sleep as half asleep, is that an article I read before divided sleep as two parts. The first part is the necessary part of sleep, the second part is for luxury. It is just like that after a diner, you eat some more dessert. The diner is necessary for your need, however, the dessert part is just for luxury. When you sleep in the early morning sleep (the luxury part), you are in half asleep, since you don't really need it that much, therefore, you are aroused a lot. As a result, you memorized a lot dreams you had in the morning time. That's why you feel like you have more dreams in the morning.

"My understanding is that we all dream when we sleep." -- that is not true.

The book also talked about people who do not dream. Can't remember. Something such that people do not dream, they are the ones who are very tired.

Actually the part about dreaming in the hours of 5 am to 6am in the morning, i assumed that it was an experiment to make a generalisation. I don't think it is a fact.

This is really depending on how you define "dreaming". I think one of the definition is "any mental activity occurring in sleep". From this point of view, it is for sure that every one dreams while asleep, because it is always something going though your mind. Some people do claim that they have never dreamed, but my understanding is that this only means that they failed to recall their dreams. This have been proved as the cases from William Dement's research (Stanford University Medical School) based on his book "The Promise of Sleep". By the way, there is no scientific way to prove someone is dreaming or not up to the present time. Any claim of no dreaming can only be treated as no dream recall.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, they don't remember having them or some ppl say that they were sleeping too deep to remember.

Does anyone fall asleep while riding in the car or at school, but are still aware of what's going on around them?? I do that ALL the time, and i think i'm awake..or refuse to accept that i am and make myself think i am...anyways, i'm asleep and i still hear what's going on and sorta understand it, but sorta don't. It's weird...and i always know when the bells gonna ring or when we're at the place we were driving to. At school, i wake up right b4 the bell rings, and in the care i wake up as we're pulling in, but that may be because i felt we were slowing down or something.

haha, noone's done that to me. If i do it before school starts ppl go by and kick me and ask what's wrong and i get pissed and say "nothing." Or they walk by and kick me and then say hi and walk away. That pisses me off too..O.o

• 4 months later...

yeh exactly gib65

but how could you could die from your brain not being able to tell the difference?? it must be able to work it out. What if you dreamed you were falling out of bed and you woke up the same moment you landed - how could you die from that???????

I Heard That If You Dream That You Are Falliing, And That You Wake Up The Exact Moment That You Land, You Will Die Because Your Brain Can't Tell The Difference Between Reality And The Dream.

Think about that - if it were true, how would anyone know about it?

I for one have the "wake on impact" experience quite frequently, and I can assure you I am I quite alive.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm amazed you can actually do it.

when I was 13 I got a book on lucidity, kept a dream diary etc. in order to try and have these "lucid dreams."

Months passed and I was still unable to "control" them, however I was able to remember them a lot better.

I feel like trying ti again now :P

Keeping a dream diary is hard.. i tried to months ago, but i stopped having dreams for a bit and the next time i had one, i forgot.

A couple months ago, i had the same dream but slightly different 4 days in a row. I'd also had that one some years back. It had 1 or 2 of my friends in it. Each time i had the dream more and more of my friends were in it. On the last day, it was the whole freshman class

sayo:

I for one have the "wake on impact" experience quite frequently

Interesting.

I often feel falling when just on the border of sleep.

Sometimes it wakes me up with a start.

Other times I feel like I fall for a long time and then like

I'm floating, then I fall asleep completely.

Cheers.

I always wondered if by thinking about something before falling asleep, you would dream about it. Only one time has it ever worked for me. Every time I try it, I stop trying and fall asleep. I don't get it. Your brain is concentrated on one thing, wouldn't it continue that thinking? I think so. What I also can't understand is the fact that I can't tell anymore when I am dreaming. The thing is the world is remotely similar to the real one. But many things are different. Things like I have always hated my real best friend. Things I should realize are not true and should realize it is a dream. But I never realize it. Now, I lost complete control over my dreams altogether. It kind of sucks. I used to be able to do anything I wanted in my old dreams.

I've had lucid dreams. i have been able to control them to some extent. i have absolutely no idea how i do it or even why, i 've just been able to do it since as far back as i can remember. it usually happens around 7-8 times a week but sometimes i can go for months without having one. you actually realize that you are in a dream i guess you could relate it to finding out that you are "the one" in the matrix cause you can change it to what you want... i don't know its weird anyway. I've slept through the falling dream and i'm alive from what i recall i was falling i hit the ground and then my mind switched to another dream. i've heard that if while your trying to get to sleep that if you think about something in detail that you'll dream about it. is this true? anyone had the dream within a dream within a dream dream? the one where you keep waking up and then waking up again and again and again? i getthis regularly.