streching of wavelengths

allo4

I was thinking about how the expansion of the universe streches light waves so the most distant gallaxies appear red (the longer end of the visible light wavelengths). if a gamma wave (or any short wave) was sent away from a distant gallaxy would it be streched to the point that it turns into visible light? and so are we actually seeing a shorter wavelengh waves when we see these red distant gallaxies ... and to continue the radio waves that we recive from further back in our universes time.

I was also thinking that without the streching of space would these waves even have a wave effect? perhaps the stretching of space makes the wave effect and without it stretching we would have a pure .. um ?stream of photons? is that right?

anyway just a thought, I don't have a great scientific knoledge and just wanted to see if this was an interesting idea or a stupid one

II was also thinking that without the streching of space would these waves even have a wave effect? perhaps the stretching of space makes the wave effect and without it stretching we would have a pure .. um ?stream of photons? is that right?

No. All particles travel like waves, including photons.

Edited by I ME