Computers, from A to Z.

sxShadoWxs

If one would take a computer and study it from A to Z, from the very atoms inside inside those elements found in the many metals found in them to the very output produced by the many instructions, assembly languages, programming languages etc - one would, basically be a god-blessed genius.

My question is - is there a field of study that teaches one about computers in such a manner? Computer Science, IMO, would seem like it teaches the most obvious first-hand foundations of said technology. Thus would cover, I think, only the most modern interpretations of these lovely machines like how circuitry works, how you can make a LED calculator with some resistors and a basic conductive plate with metals conductors on it.

I mean, I want to know how we took electricity and combined it with the elements from A to Z in order to produce this marvelous technological leap in the last 100 years.

I mean, if we keep going the way we are going, we are just going to have to sit and eat. Before we become so mundane - I want to know how it got to where we are. O.o

What are your suggestions, what should I study to know E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about computers?

That's next to impossible. Computers are such a wide field that it would be impossible to learn it all in one lifetime and that's ignoring the fact that new research is published every single day. On top of that, to understand computers in the way you seek, you would have to learn a good part of mathematics, maybe even all of mathematics...and that's definitely impossible.

Don't want to get your spirits down, but in my opinion, we're just not alive long enough for the kind of thoroughness you're looking for.

If one would take a computer and study it from A to Z, from the very atoms inside inside those elements found in the many metals found in them to the very output produced by the many instructions, assembly languages, programming languages etc - one would, basically be a god-blessed genius.

My question is - is there a field of study that teaches one about computers in such a manner? Computer Science, IMO, would seem like it teaches the most obvious first-hand foundations of said technology. Thus would cover, I think, only the most modern interpretations of these lovely machines like how circuitry works, how you can make a LED calculator with some resistors and a basic conductive plate with metals conductors on it.

I mean, I want to know how we took electricity and combined it with the elements from A to Z in order to produce this marvelous technological leap in the last 100 years.

I mean, if we keep going the way we are going, we are just going to have to sit and eat. Before we become so mundane - I want to know how it got to where we are. O.o

What are your suggestions, what should I study to know E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about computers?

Double Major in Computer Engineering + Electrical Engineering w/ a minor in Computer Science

Plus self-study every waking hour that you have available to you. (Chemistry/Mathmatics/History/Physics/etc)

Obtain certifications in every possible field. (CompTIA, CCNA, MSCE)

Work Part-Time in various industries dealing with computer systems/it/software engineering/etc.

Then you might scratch the surface, or your brain might just asplode.

I'd think you would be intellectually satisfied just going for a B.S. in CompE/EE and then working your way into a good graduate school for further studies.

• 3 weeks later...

Double Major in Computer Engineering + Electrical Engineering w/ a minor in Computer Science

Plus self-study every waking hour that you have available to you. (Chemistry/Mathmatics/History/Physics/etc)

Obtain certifications in every possible field. (CompTIA, CCNA, MSCE)

Work Part-Time in various industries dealing with computer systems/it/software engineering/etc.

Then you might scratch the surface, or your brain might just asplode.

I'd think you would be intellectually satisfied just going for a B.S. in CompE/EE and then working your way into a good graduate school for further studies.

computer science is the way to go, you need to get some serious experience in networking, OS's & programming, university's dont do much with the first 2 unless its a specific course and programming is very vast from binary to higher level code (basically everything that the PC can process)

Logic & mathematics covers the theoretical aspects of computer engineering & physics, chemistry & nano technology cover the practical elements, essentially all of it is to one extent or another number manipulation

you would definitely have to specify professionally but as a hobby it wouldnt take too long to actually create a small IC and get it to start executing code, the problem is our processors nowadays use cutting edge technology, realistically you could only create a very poor machine.

here's a quick A-Z

Physical computation (physics, chemistry, nano technology)

Theoretical Computation (maths & logic)

Networking (protocols, numbering systems)

Programming (thousands of languages)

Software analysis (systems)

Website design & creation (for use on the web, hybrid of networking/programming/databases

) Games creation (lots geometry, maths & physics)

Media studies (media technology, HCI, animation)

Databases (data constructs and relation)

Operating systems (linux/windows & apple(kernal, API's,file systems etc))

The Hack Lab (exploits, flashing, malicious software etc)

Robotics (physical computation relation)

Artificial intelligence (theoretical computation & philosophy)

ieee Standard's (and you dont know so http://en.wikipedia....rds_Association)

good luck :P

luckily if you like playing god, most of it is very interesting

Edited by keelanz

• 4 weeks later...

if you want to know A-Z things about computers. it's simply impossible. what is an average life age of a human on earth? it's 60-70. but computer fields can't be explore in this little age.

you could probably have a good go if computers stopped evolving, you would have to limited yourself to programming syntax rather than learning every language, the fact things keep changing so rapidly means its impossible though

• 3 weeks later...

Learn everything in Computer Science is impossible .. take for instance Artificial Intelligence, although I do researching in A.I,

There are things known as Multi-Optima Fuzzy-System .. which I don't know much of ...