Jewish Conspiracy Theories

Mr Rayon

why is the iranian president so weird?

also iz it true that zionists control our media?

I keep finding a lot of conspiracy theories (e.g. them being the causes for the US war in Iraq) on youtube involving the jewish people and i am wondering whether these have any credibility.

thanks.

Could you please limit a thread to just 1 conspiracy theory? With an opening post like that, this thread is likely to go nowhere - no offence.

[edit] Also, in the Science Forums Etiquette, it suggests that you use a descriptive title for a thread. It also suggests to give some sources.

Edited by CaptainPanic

why is the iranian president so weird?

also iz it true that zionists control our media?

I keep finding a lot of conspiracy theories (e.g. them being the causes for the US war in Iraq) on youtube involving the jewish people and i am wondering whether these have any credibility.

thanks.

I think you answered your own question.

!

Moderator Note

I've edited the topic title, because "…" is not particularly descriptive. I'm also tempted to move it to speculations. We'll see how this unfolds.

Conspiracy theories generally have no evidence to support them, only innuendo. Almost by definition these are are not credible.

I think there's a bible of anti-semitic conspiracy theory called, "the Protocols of the Elders of Zion," which was very popular with Nazis during the pre-WWII period. Personally, I don't see the necessity of attributing corruption in the media or anything else to ethnicity. What's so hard about being critical of cultural practices without indentifying them ethnically? My sense is that the reason it is hard is that open-criticism prevents the possibility of using ethnic loyalty to romanticize and/or otherwise validate everything associated with one's own ethnicity/ies. In other words, without an ethnic other, there's no basis for claiming everyone who's not like the other's stereotypes is good.

edit: it's like with terrorism. Why is it so hard to attribute terrorism to itself instead of attributing it to one or more religious identities or to secularism/nationalism? It's because secular people want to believe that because they are non-religious they are automatically too rational/reasonable to be prone to terrorism or authoritarianism. People seek an Other to project traits that they are afraid of encountering in themselves.

edit2: they do this as much by making anti-Semitism the Other as anti-Semites make Jews Other. There are as many Othering-cultures as their are collective identities, maybe more actually.

Edited by lemur

Conspiracy theories generally have no evidence to support them, only innuendo. Almost by definition these are are not credible.

It seems like everyone who dies from a brain aneurysm was secretly assassinated by someone from the government. Brain aneurysms are "mysterious", so they must be nefarious as well.

why is the iranian president so weird?[/Quote]

In the months that followed, Ahmadinejad made his Islamic eschatology even more clear. He told followers that he believed the end of the world was rapidly approaching, and that the way to hasten the coming of the Messiah was to launch a global jihad to annihilate Israel and the United States. He also told followers that the “Mahdi” is already on the planet, but has not yet chosen to reveal himself. What’s more, Ahmadinejad has said that he has personally been in contact with the “Mahdi” and received instructions from him, instructions that are apparently leading Iran to prepare for an apocalyptic war to annihilate Judeo-Christian civilization as we know it.[/Quote]

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/218776/mesmerized-media/joel-c-rosenberg

Since September 2006, I have been urging Western journalists to ask Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on the record about his beliefs in the “Twelfth Imam” and about the implications of his annual prayer at the U.N. asking for Allah to “hasten” the arrival of the Islamic messiah, also known as the “Mahdi.” [First in an article on National Review Online on September 20, 2006; later in my non-fiction book, Inside The Revolution; and repeatedly in media interviews.[/Quote]

http://flashtrafficblog.wordpress.com/2009/09/27/nbc-news-asks-ahmadinejad-about-12th-imam/

Voltman; In fairness, the first link explains the media explanation for Ahmadinejad's behavior and the second link, his personal own semi retraction, though it's generally believed he does believe in the first links version. Briefly if so and with my limited understanding, this would mean creating, encouraging or causing chaos, to achieve the disclosure of the Mahdi, bringing on the "apocalyptic war to annihilate Judeo-Christian civilization", is his duty. That is depending on your religious viewpoint or lack of, including some Muslim Sects, he is a religious nut case.

also iz it true that zionists control our media?[/Quote]

This one I've never heard; Those that believe in the right of the Jewish people to have a State and maintain that State, have really never controlled anything. What I have heard many times is that the Jewish can influence others for a variety of reasons, which might have generated such suggestions.

I keep finding a lot of conspiracy theories (e.g. them being the causes for the US war in Iraq) on youtube involving the jewish people and i am wondering whether these have any credibility. [/Quote]

This is simply not possible to consider IMO; Israel is on record opposing the Iraq invasion, feeling they had already taken care of Iraq's nuclear ambitions and they felt Iran was the real threat. Even the first Gulf war, was to prevent Iraq from taking over Kuwait's oil and Kuwait opposed the existence of Israel, no less than Iran, at the time.