Nothing is lost?

Dean Mullen

I was thinking about the multiverse theory and if every possibility must emerge infinite number of times forever somewhere within the multiverse then perhaps there is somewhere an alien civilization which has somehow developed a technology to view other universes. So theoretically people in other universes can see us and are keeping records of our society. So no information is truly lost. Somewhere a civilization has somehow kept record of us and even if our civilization is completely gone. Yet eventually the information will die of cause these civilizations won't last forever. But then again every possibility will eventually transpire so this means that some alien civilization will be handed false information that is actually correct. They will believe a civilization which is ours once existed and the information will be true due to a fluke. So in a sense all the information of our civilization will never be lost.

This is something has always interested me to, though from a sci fi type of perspective lol (at least one episode in every good sci fi show), so im not sure how accurate this is in real terms. Like is it really true that no info is really lost. Surely this can't apply to human information that we have created. It has something perhaps to do with quantum states of atoms in systems and the like? Also the multiverse thing, you hear every 'decision' occurs somewhere. But does that really mean human decision as is implied in sci fi or is it like a quantum state, or something to do with like the relative strengths of the fundamental forces? The human versin just seems arrogant to me lol.

Since by relativity theory time travel is theoretically possible if things can be accelerated beyond the speed of light, our own past must continue to exist forever to provide a locus into which this retrograde travel through time could move. This means that for the rest of time you are still forever standing there, weeping as you are being scolded by Ms. Crabtree in third grade class for being late again, even though your present consciousness has moved on from that terrible scene.

Since by relativity theory time travel is theoretically possible if things can be accelerated beyond the speed of light, our own past must continue to exist forever to provide a locus into which this retrograde travel through time could move. This means that for the rest of time you are still forever standing there, weeping as you are being scolded by Ms. Crabtree in third grade class for being late again, even though your present consciousness has moved on from that terrible scene.

Is that a part of Relativity? Or is it speculation?

That's very interesting and its made me just wonder something that is probably impossible but could we just be light beams? perhaps light beams traveling through space away from the real Earth? and somehow these light beings have become conscious? or is that not possible. I just thought of it and am wondering if its possible?

Retrograde time travel is certainly possible according to relativity theory, but the problem is that it would probably be impossible to send organized matter back in time, which is a prerequisite of anyone seeing anything in the temporal past. See tachyon theory.

Who can answer my question in post #4?

I'm not sure if that statement is part of relativity or speculation but it sounds like speculation, I checked on Google and couldn't find too much on it, but I'll tell you if I come across something.

The question goes like this:

Take a random material body B. At this body B you can associate a set of 4 coordinates x,y,z,t, say 1,2,3,4 (where 1,2,3 are spatial coordinates, and 4 is the time coordinate), that is simply to determine where the body is, and when.

Say that motion does not occur, only time elapses.

The body B remains at rest for a unit of time, the coordinates evolve into 1,2,3,5.

The question is simply to know whether the body B "moved" from 1,2,3,4 to 1,2,3,5 or if the body duplicated and somehow "exist" at both coordinates.

IMHO to body "moved", it does not duplicate.