Human feces

Mystery_of_GodST

If I put an average sized human feces on the road, and left it there forever

Would it become smaller as time passes, or expand or what? Thanks

Oh, good. Another feces thread. You are now up to five. Were the others listed below answered to your satisfaction?

I think your name is quite appropriate.

Mystery_of_GodST, on 13 January 2011 - 07:44 PM, said:

Say you had a substance, let's say feces

and it took up most of a big country of the globe

but if you took a small peice of every feces you had and put it on each road on the planet and it covered it

seems like it could happen

but i dont know why because if the substance is smaller than the country, how could it expand to every road on the planet?

The total land area of all continents is 148,647,000 square kilometres (57,393,000 sq mi)

Approximatley, how much would it take for one average human feces spread out on the ground would it take to cover the entire land area of all continents?

How much area does one average human stool amount to?

And

The total land area of all continents is 148,647,000 square kilometres (57,393,000 sq mi), or 29.1% of earth's surface (510,065,600 square kilometres / 196,937,400 square miles).

How much of those one average human stools would it take to cover the entire earth's land area?

Thanks.

Akward questions:

1. Approximatley how big does one average human stool expand too in measurement?

2. Approximatley how much of those one human stools would it take so that every little spec of the entire planets land (each continent) is covered with it?

Hope to get benificial answers from the knowledgable users on ScienceForum.Net

Mr. Mystery_of_GodST:

I really wonder what someone with your chosen screen name is doing asking such a disgusting and silly question on a science forum. Perhaps you should consider if your motives are pure and honest.

On the other hand if you really want an answer, please provide what your preferred human donor has been eating for the last few days, the exact volume and weight of the pile (metric please), the water content of the pile measured within a few seconds of deposition, the surface on which the pile is deposited (new or old asphalt, concrete, gravel with rock species and grade defined, dirt with carbon content, etc.), the temperature of the surface, the time of day, the temperature of the air and any radiant heating of the surface on a minute by minute basis for the period of measurement desired, the humidity during the measurement period, and, of course, the measurement period. With this information someone might, if the question is of sufficient interest, attempt to get you an answer. Now, if someone did do the experiment and gave you the answer would you feel the shame you should for asking? Please answer this last question.

SM

SMF, stop feeding the troll and building a postcount over useless parental warnings. You're not his mother.

!

Moderator Note

Mystery_of_God, we have no problems answering questions about feces, but your questions seem to be pointless and repetitive. If you want to participate in this forum, you should take it more seriously. For that matter, I suggest you stop multi-posting the same question over and over again, for one.

Here's a nice golden rule: If your science-related question could be asked without the use of feces as an example (such as in this case, since the question refers to molecules' half-life in general), use something else. Okay? Okay. Read our rules, etiquette, and the definition of "Trolling" please, before you post again.

Mooeypoo, his mother failed at her job, but I admit my indiscretion and apologize. Can't you just ban this clown? SM

This isn't helpful, though. Stop trying to educate him or play armchair moderator. Use the "Report" button so the moderators can catch these on time and decide on a course of action. We don't usually just "ban" people.

Don't lower yourself to the level of those you report on, SMF ;) You're better than that. Let the mods know, and we'll handle it.

If we take dog feces as roughly equivalent to human feces for purposes of this question, then the answer, derived from my own empirical observations of the result of my two dachshunds' indiscretions in the backyard, are that the feces rapidly become much smaller, shrinking almost to the vanishing point, since their content is mainly water.