What does your desktop look like??

bloodhound

bkronbergs is that the original skin for longhorn or is that a user made skin?

i ask because i showed it to a friend who said it look similar to a mod-XP skin he used, also you have the program resource hacker, with res hacker + user skins becoming so popular i was wondering how much is that pure longhorn and how much user made?

also is it stable? what do you think about it?

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest bkronbergs

It is nearly all pure Longhorn pre beta that stuff, I did not change a thing, but believe me, it isnt Windows XP with a skin! In fact, have another Longhorn screenie!! Just to prove my point, I have it on CD sitting next to me, and every time I reboot my comp., it asks me "Do you want XP or Longhorn" in a DOS type fashion!

Longhorn 4074 - Fade-In - Display Properties.jpg

Guest bkronbergs

It is very stable, but only really with the effects turned off, it really guzzles my cards power! Damn thing, but you dont need the graphics to have a good time!

Guest bkronbergs

I do not believe legality came into it when I downloaded it off BitTorrent, but I haven't had the boys in blue knocking on my door, demanding to seize my computer!! Ho ho, noticeable differences, well there is still no tabbed browsing, which i am sure will come, the desktop RSS feeds are good, but in my version of Longhorn, you cannot change their origin, so I get all my news recycled through MSN!!!

Guest bkronbergs

I only use Windows as a secondary operating system, and my Mac is my principle tool for computing, it goes everywhere with me!!! As you will see in the screenie, I have lots of browsers, SAFARI WOO and of course FF and Opera, and hidden away shamefully, IE!!!!! My mac desktop is very dull, but here, have a pic of it, although I believe on page 4 of this thread, is an image of my desktop!! Never mind!! I played with dual screening earlier this evening, but could not get the task bar on windows to go right across both screens, any ideas people (using a laptop, Windows XP and a CRT monitor) Thanks!!

Mac Desktop.jpg

Guest bkronbergs

I have to agree with the statment about Mac IE, it is terribly nasty, I avoid it like some really nasty plague! I hate to say, but when you have seen Safari first, and THEN firefox, there is no competition, Safari winds hands down, but I still use it from time to time, I set the network pipelining to make about 124000 requests for the site before loading it, it loads INCREDIBLY quickly, even on dial up. BUT IT SOOOOO drags the site down!! HEE HEE HEE

Guest bkronbergs

IN fact i just realised I have two versions of IE AND GOD DARN IT Outlook on my Mac, because the dual operating systems, DAMN WHY ME????!!!!!

"what is the poblem with a MAC and IE?" -- ed84c

"Nothing. The problem is with IE Mac - it's terrible." -- Sayonara³

wow, sayo saying there's nothing wrong with IE, im guessing he (sayo) misinterpreted the question, or i did, i read it as: 'what's the prob with MAC, whats the prob with IE?', but im guessing that would have got a different response... how did you interpret it?

Originally i thought he meant there was a problem running IE on a MAC or running a MAC with IE installed, more to the point.

In relation to IE MAC i guess he is saying that IE has no problem. Or more likely he was trying to answer my question without devation.

"what is the poblem with a MAC and IE?" -- ed84c

"Nothing. The problem is with IE Mac - it's terrible." -- Sayonara³

wow' date=' sayo saying there's nothing wrong with IE, im guessing he (sayo) misinterpreted the question, or i did, i read it as: 'what's the prob with MAC, whats the prob with IE?', but im guessing that would have got a different response... how did you interpret it?[/quote']

Originally i thought he meant there was a problem running IE on a MAC or running a MAC with IE installed' date=' more to the point.

In relation to IE MAC i guess he is saying that IE has no problem. Or more likely he was trying to answer my question without devation.[/quote']

Am I speaking Huranga here or something?

I said the Mac is ok, it's IE that's the problem.

IE Mac - it's IE, for the Mac.

Guest bkronbergs

Well, frankly, IE is pretty awful and/or basic, so i avoid it COMPLETELY if i can!! For all the will in the world, i dont see IE EVER being on a par with the standard browsers ANYWHERE on any OS EVER frankly, unless IE design and build is taken over by Mozilla, Apple and Opera!! (Opera is google isnt it?!)