• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
Guest lumpy_chunk

sometimes you can keep it clean by puting stuff in a folder unlike my brother,Steven his desk top is full of unneded stuff like,a file called "chippy.wav" well that is all or not.

Guest bkronbergs

well said sayonara, and SURELY everyone knows that the next microsoft OS release is codenamed longhorn!! anyway, what do people think of the look of it?

I think it was very mean of them not to make XP that shiny.

Apparently Longhorn will require a gfx card that's better than entry-level, so as far as our pretty desktops go it might not have the impact we'd expect for a while (although this will just help drive Moore's Law in the end, so who cares?)

http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/01/13/2351247&tid=201

Guest bkronbergs

good point sayonara, but by the time Longhorn is released properley, EVERYONE will have the right specs, as computers just wont be sold with the wrong ones, Microsoft I am sure would tip the manufacturers, cos they will want everyone who can use it on Longhorn. But Apple's Tiger release this year I am awaiting eagerly!

I was going to say "don't overlook the people who buy the components and build their own", but of course most people in that category spend as much as they can on gfx cards.

A lot of package retailers like Tiny, PC World etc sell sub-standard components, and it's their customers who will be worst off.

Guest bkronbergs

Sayonara, thanks for answering the questions posed! As for where I got the Alpha build from, I got it from BitTorrent, so try and check that one out!!

I wonder if my laptops ati mr 9000 igp can handle it. I might try the beta later on. Is there any danger to my hardware by trying out longhorn?

edit: hmm i notice they have included window transparencies and other nice effects. but most likely ill just get rid of all of them so as to improve performance