What does your desktop look like??

bloodhound

That black toolbar is not used by any program and uses no extra memory it just replaces the shells resources and uses them to theme everything else , so you will be happy to know that .

I got about 10 different themes which you can select from :

right click -->properties-->appearance with there own different styles.

If you go there you will find nothing atm :), but molecular sure , I can give you link I'll pm you wit it .

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, if i upgrade to 1GB, id still care... every little helps! if you have the "1.5GB = dont care" attitude then your computer will soon will up

Believe me, the price of 1Gb sticks will fall long before my system needs that much.

and your mars picture was cool... you seem good on that program, and apparently its not that easy - so well done :)

Shhh... don't encourage the Martian.

thanks ppl :) actually that pic was really easy. The new photoshop has a rather neat colour matching tool which allows you to match the colours in two pics, so I just made a mask around a picture of me in the countryside and matched the colours and then took the background from the internet and added a little gaussian blur to make it look slightly more* realistic.

*technically it is actually slightly less realistic, because the air on mars is so thin, that at extreme distances you really can see objects very clearly, down to the resolution of the camera anyway, so the blur wasn't nescessary. however we expect to see it in pictures, so you get it.

Wait, that black toolbar looks a lot like the "Black Longhorn" custom one. All I really want is the toolbar...not the rest of the themes or features. Is there anywhere where you can just get toolbars without the special clocks, or extra stuff?

Surely, if you just want to change the colour, you can do it through the appearance display tab.

ok . i have read tons of reviews on doom3. and from what i gathered there was no solid story line like in HL1/2 . the gameplay wasnt extensive. and the enviroments were too cramped compared to that of HL1/2

I actually tried to play HL1 . but WTF is with the opening sequence????!!!! i just gave up waiting for it to finish, and just got rid of the game. hehe. i have checked out the reviews on HL2 and it looks AMAZING.... Tried Deus EX.... just gave up on first level as i didnt like the graphics.

as for NOFL1/2 whats that

[edot] i tried to play HL1 Twice... and gave up both times due to the opening sequence[/eidt[

ok . i have read tons of reviews on doom3. and from what i gathered there was no solid story line like in HL1

So what you're saying is one game... you've never played has less story than another game.

You've never played.

The plots of Half Life and Doom are almost identical; add in the Half Life style 'everything's not gone to hell yet' opening sequence in Doom III and the game IS nigh on identical.

Except Doom III has all the PDAs and the like, and some kind (but not much) explanation. To be honest, Doom III has a much more fleshed out plot than Half Life.

In Half Life, and to an extent Half Life 2, you're just bumbling along from event to event, with very little (if any) exposition. In HL1, this is done by the G-Man. In HL2...

Time, Dr Freeman?

the gameplay wasnt extensive. and the enviroments were too cramped compared to that of HL1/2

That is all, to an extent, true, but it's based on opinion.

I actually tried to play HL1 . but WTF is with the opening sequence????!!!!

It's an immersion thing, something that most games do very badly. Look at Doom III; you keep going to 3rd person all the time, which is just idiotic.

It's also something that almost all games have copied. Halo has it, don't forget.

i just gave up waiting for it to finish, and just got rid of the game. hehe. i have checked out the reviews on HL2 and it looks AMAZING.... Tried Deus EX.... just gave up on first level as i didnt like the graphics.

It takes about 5-10 minutes at most, and for quite a lot of that you don't actually have to be at your computer. What kind of attention span have you got?

Don't play Half Life 2 without playing Half Life 1. You'll miss a lot of the point of the events, and all of the references to the previous game.

Furthermore, quite a lot of the game is designed behind the idea that you've played HL1; the enemies, for example.

And you gave up on Deus Ex because you didn't like the graphics? Christ. I don't like the Unreal engine either, but that's fairly extreme.

as for NOFL1/2 whats that

No-One Lives Forever. A spoof '60s spy game by Monolith, the makers of (amongst other things), Shogo: MAD.