What is a truly great person?

Dean Mullen

What defines a truly great or right individual?

Is it professionalism?

or

Is it Joy?

Many would easily just being professional and not doing things for fun is the right thing. Taking everything serious. Yet this often results in an individual whom is critical of others in her/his efforts to enforce professionalism in other individuals. So if one tries to enforce this onto others even though they believe it is right, it is only expanding anger & sorrow in the world as people receive criticism. So not even being absolutely professional is correct.

Yet being completely joyous and just having fun and not really caring about what really matters is also good for you, if your happy then you are a nice person yet many people could take this joy too far and extract other individuals sorrow for their own joy and become an idiot whom annoys other people.

So what is right? Professionalism or Joy?

In my opinion somewhere in the mid is the place to be. Take things seriously but have fun in your life too.

What's your opinion?

A lot of "great" people were talented amateurs, so it doesn't look like it's professionalism that does it.

Also a lot of great people were not really all that happy, so it's not joy that makes them great.

I was not referring to great as in achievement-wise I mean as in the completely right thing to do and the absolutely nicest thing to do.

Each person has their own idea of what people ought to do or to strive for, and none of them can prove to the others that they are right. Look deep in your heart, find what it is you want to be, and then get off your ass and start doing it. Or if you aren't the type to independently decide what to do, follow someone else's lead.

Each person has their own idea of what people ought to do or to strive for, and none of them can prove to the others that they are right. Look deep in your heart, find what it is you want to be, and then get off your ass and start doing it. Or if you aren't the type to independently decide what to do, follow someone else's lead.

Good point. I guess its not the type of subject that attains rules, solidification and laws.