Interesting thoughts about thoughts

Dean Mullen

Here is some interesting philosophical realizations of consciousness

1. You have never directly affected the material world because you only think, its your body that your thoughts order to perform the actions.

2. You never do you only think

3. You are not a human, just consciousness flowing within a brain within a human.

4. If a human body develops consciousness within then us the conscious beings are just one part of the body, yet of course we have a lot of power, we are only members of the body, you could say we are just an organ, that being a brain.

Personally - I would define the above as realizations based upon a particular perspective of consciousness. It seems to posit a firm barrier between man and bodily-machine; but on what basis do you make this assertion?

Edited by imatfaal

Personally - I would define the above as realizations based upon a particular perspective of consciousness. It seems to posit a firm barrier between man and bodily-machine; but on what basis do you make this assertion?

Science & the obvious. If you were a hand then you would be a hand, but your not a hand, consciousness & experience only exists in the brain. Unless there's a theory suggesting thoughts & experience can transpire in other parts of the body.

I think that you only think that your body performs functions. I'm pretty sure you can look at the world from a perspective where the real world doesn't exist, and where your mind creates the world and can affect it slightly following certain rules (eg by moving your body, which you could also consider imaginary). In fact there seems to be some evidence that a person's view of reality is simply their fantasy that most closely matches their senses.

In this study, it seems a person's sense of reality seems to be like a fantasy that is more personally relevant:

http://www.physorg.c...s157029052.html