Which culture/race/country has the highest % of homosexuals?

Mr Rayon

If homosexuality is something that is genetically passed on, which culture/race will have the highest concentration of homosexuals within their population?

I understand in Iran, they say that there's no homosexuals there. Could it be the case that in the Middle-East, that all the people who carried the genes for homosexuality got prosecuted to well ehm, extinction? I know in religious countries there's a fair bit of pressure to marry and make babies, but would homosexuals males in the Middle-East be able to pull of the idea that they're really straight and pull an erection when required (and a similar case for females)?

If homosexuality is passed on genetically, will the number of homosexuals decrease as time goes on? ...and has it been decreasing?

Edited by Voltman

If homosexuality is something that is genetically passed on, which culture/race will have the highest concentration of homosexuals within their population?

The one in which homosexuals are the most reproductively successful?

I understand in Iran, they say that there's no homosexuals there. Could it be the case that in the Middle-East, that all the people who carried the genes for homosexuality got prosecuted to well ehm, extinction? I know in religious countries there's a fair bit of pressure to marry and make babies, but would homosexuals males in the Middle-East be able to pull of the idea that they're really straight and pull an erection when required (and a similar case for females)?

Homosexuals have quite frequently gotten married and raised a family.

If homosexuality is passed on genetically, will the number of homosexuals decrease as time goes on? ...and has it been decreasing?

Not in a million years. Probably longer. Homosexuality has been observed in various distinct species and I think it would be fair to assume that it existed in their common ancestor as well. I suspect homosexuality has been around for hundreds of millions of years at least. If it hasn't vanished in that time there's no reason to believe it will anytime soon.

Perhaps homosexuality will increase, and this is not just due to society making it easier for existing homosexuals to publicly declare their sexuality. It may be possible that there is a positive correlation between intelligence and homosexuality, but I haven't got any data to support this (although it makes evolutionary sense in a way).

Ironically, it appears, from what I've read over the years about countries that have strict policies regarding contact between the opposite sex and active repression of homosexuality, there is actually more homosexual activity per capita than countries that have a more liberal attitude. This is because of the difficulty of heterosexuals meeting socially as the women must always be chaperoned and the casual mixing of potential suitors/lovers is frowned upon. This leads to a situation where men, in the absence of females, secretly seek out each other for sexual/emotional solace ...creating a situation, statistically anyway, where the apparent number of homosexuals is actually inflated by the very policy that seeks to extinguish it...don't you just love Nature?! :D

With respect to the OP this is a confounding and obfuscating factor, as I'm sure there are more, when trying to determine these sorts of figures accurately...this is assuming of course, in a research situation, we were trying to ascertain the numbers of naturally inclined (endogenous?) homosexuals.