Novel self defense concoction

curiouscity

Well, I currently carry pepper spray, but if I'm ever attacked again, I would like an effective way to make my attacker not only leave me alone but suffer as well. Does anyone know how I might obtain a more novel form of self defense? Ideally, I would like something that burns like pepper spray, too, but also really stinks, like those stench bombs the police use. I would also like something that instantly induces vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea, enough to keep my attacker completely forget about me and tend to himself while I make my get away. Is there any chemical concoction that might do this and not be fatal?

Zombies, because they're hungry. Or maybe Obama because he wants to take your guns. It might even be the

Zombies probably aren't susceptible to nausea or diarrhea considering they eat rancid corpse flesh, right? Obama would probably be less interested in getting your guns than insulating your house. He might try to fiscally stimulate you though, which could be considered rape or at least very serious sexual harassment.

Edited by lemur

Maybe you should try spraying some of that pepper spray in your face, sometime when you don't need to do anything for a few hours. I think you'll find it plenty disabling and painful as well. (I've never been pepper sprayed but I do have plenty of experience with hot peppers which have the same active ingredient but very much diluted). In any case, that way you have an idea of how effective your weapon/deterrent is.

(I've never been pepper sprayed but I do have plenty of experience with hot peppers which have the same active ingredient but very much diluted). In any case, that way you have an idea of how effective your weapon/deterrent is.

I've been pepper sprayed, not because I was attacking someone but because me and my friends were stupid enough to wonder 'How bad could it be anyway?'

It's bad.

It's an experience I don't think any of us will ever want to be repeated. Also there are plenty of youtube videos of it making battle hardened soldiers cry litke little girls. If it can do that to a commando then think what it'll do to your average mugger.

Maybe you should try spraying some of that pepper spray in your face, sometime when you don't need to do anything for a few hours. I think you'll find it plenty disabling and painful as well.

Years ago, a idiotic classmate foolishly hit me with a brief spray of Bianca mouth freshener from one of those tiny cans the size of your little finger. It was extremely painful, and it incapacitated me for well over 10 to 15 minutes. My eyes and nose turned into Niagara Falls, I couldn't see for 10 to 15 minutes, and I was helpless for 5 to 10 minutes. Now you're talking about a dangerous weapon several sizes larger and much more disabling in various ways.

If/when you test it on yourself, don't do it alone or behind locked doors, because you may require immediate medical attention.

And also consider this: Are you so sure the perp won't get to it before you do and turn around and use it on you?

Well, I see I'm not being taken seriously...

Then again, I guess I could just carry a tazer...perhaps that would be more effective. No, I don't have very many enemies, I simply live in the city, and I've been attacked before. I would like to teach anyone who would dare try something like that again a serious lesson! Don't any of you watch the science shows?

I would like to teach anyone who would dare try something like that again a serious lesson!

So, you've never been pepper sprayed OR tazered. Good to know. Perhaps it is YOU who is not taking this seriously.

Yes pepper spray does burn like crazy it even burns your finger tips if gets on them, and speaking of tazers, I saw a novelty item at a fleamarket a couple days ago; it was a LED flashlight/ 1 Million Volt tazer, which sounds a little excessive and possibly dangerous to me. Nonetheless a tazer of that caliber should be effective enough, unless your perpetrator has an extreme amount of electrical resistance, and I'm pretty sure a normal human body conducts a current.

im pretty sure this was a thread for NOVEL self defense, like a JOKE. I was going to suggest carrying a glass bottle with a glass stopper of hydro-flouric acid with you wherever you go, crash that down at your assailants feet and insta threat-b-gone. could we at least make this a chemistry discussion. forget about flipping pepper spray, unless you wish to discuss the capsasin in it reacting with your eyes

Well, I see I'm not being taken seriously...

You need more self-confidence or another neighborhood. Far more effective than trying to fight violence with more violence.

Then again, I guess I could just carry a tazer...perhaps that would be more effective. No, I don't have very many enemies, I simply live in the city, and I've been attacked before. I would like to teach anyone who would dare try something like that again a serious lesson! Don't any of you watch the science shows?

Do you seriously expect that people who have careers in chemistry will teach you (and the rest of the internet) how to make something worse than a pepperspray or a tazer????? You are quite naive. Of course we're NOT going to do that.

Do you really think the world becomes a better place if there exist more powerful, more easily available non-lethal weapons?

How long do you think it takes the baddies to get your new and wonderful anti-robbery invention, and turn it into a very effective weapon to rob people???

Well, I currently carry pepper spray, but if I'm ever attacked again, I would like an effective way to make my attacker not only leave me alone but suffer as well. Does anyone know how I might obtain a more novel form of self defense? Ideally, I would like something that burns like pepper spray, too, but also really stinks, like those stench bombs the police use. I would also like something that instantly induces vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea, enough to keep my attacker completely forget about me and tend to himself while I make my get away. Is there any chemical concoction that might do this and not be fatal?

Short answer: no, not really. Nothing that would work on most people in most situations and still be legal to carry AND completely non-lethal.

And don't forget that if you do something really memorably obnoxious, like the stench thing, you make it more likely that someone will hold a grudge and come after you or stake out the area waiting for you to show up again. I understand how you feel though, you want to make them suffer for attacking you.

Me, I'd try to find one of those musical greeting cards with Paris Hilton singing Feelings by Morris Albert. Whip that out and your attacker will either run screaming, double over puking or pee himself laughing.

Btw, when you say you were attacked, do you mean you were mugged (held up for money at gun/knife-point), or some bully-type jumped you to beat on you with their fists/feet? The attacker's motivation might suggest ways to prepare yourself in the future.

curiouscity played you all so very skillfully. :)

Combine pepper spray with kick to the groin after having applied it to his face.

Make sure you do it when he has his hands on his face and is blocking his own vision, then, when he does not suspect it, drive you foot up his jewels as though he was about to stab you with a rusty spoon - as though your life depended on it.

Then when he is on the ground, take out that camera you have in your bag and put it on a tripod and film him while he is suffering.

Post it on YouTube and call it: "What happens to douches when they try to rob you."

It will cause you fame, and, everlasting psychological traumas to your predator turned prey victim.

Also, curiouscity , the best weapon on the planet to cause any sort of effect is your body. Train, get fit, display confident body language (learn it if you don't know it) and have good awareness. Then these douches won't bother you - people know how to read a person by looking at their body language.

PS. it's curiosity.

You could always carry a wild rage-bearing cat with you and throw it in his face when he attacks you. I swear to god cats like this are suffering embodied.

PSS. Don't forget to kick them while they are down, remember, youtube is watching.