Tips?

Dean Mullen

More information, please. :)

What's your relationship now, is she a neighbor, your teacher, a friend of your sister, what? Do you think you can't be with her because of your age difference or is there another reason?

My first reaction is to tell her how you feel, but that might be inappropriate, depending on your current relationship.

More information, please. :)

What's your relationship now, is she a neighbor, your teacher, a friend of your sister, what? Do you think you can't be with her because of your age difference or is there another reason?

My first reaction is to tell her how you feel, but that might be inappropriate, depending on your current relationship.

Well she's my teacher, so I don't know, maybe I should just wait till I'm a little older what do you think?

Your early loves are practice for your later ones, but the first ones can be the roughest. When you graduate and she's no longer in a position of trust, you can tell her how you feel and see what she says. Until then, you must love unrequited.

There have been a few cases reported in the news of genuine, long-term love affairs developing between young males and their older female teachers. The problem with this is of course that society views these liasons, if they become physical, as 'statutory rape,' even if both parties consent to the act. In some jurisdictions the minimum age to sexual consent is younger than 15, but sex at an early age with someone more than 3 years older than you constitutes statutory rape, as does sex with an older person who is in a supervisory position over you. The law reflects society's neurotic fear and hatred of sex by assuming that sex in such circumstances must really involve some element of coercion.

On the other hand, in many legal jurisdictions of the world if you are 15 and your 20-year-old teacher beats you for disobedience in class, that's just fine. You see how insane the world of adults is. Hopefully your generation will someday try to fix these things, which our own generation of adults has only made worse with its current anti-sex hysteria.

Well she's my teacher, so I don't know, maybe I should just wait till I'm a little older what do you think?

We have all been there. Just enjoy the crush and I promise you will get over it.