Hackers

ydoaPs

lol, computer bullies. Most hackers do it as a form of empowerment and greed for attention. They all hope that they'll get on the news. Then again, there are very liberal hackers that seek to bring down a corperation as a means of technological terrorism for making their point.

• 3 weeks later...
Many hackers hack because they like the challenge, not because they are socially deficient or have some other mental problem.

I agree. Not every hacker out there has a deficient social life. In fact, the real "hacker" term came from MIT. They actually consider hacking a hobby, not vandalism.

It is those that damage other's property that give hacking a bad name.

A hacker is a person smarter than average.

A hacker is not one of those punks that sends virus over the net, steals, etc.

I think you guys are being a little rough on those individuals, don't let what you see or hear in the news influence your thinking. Start with a fresh mind and you'll see the reality behind it all.

Google "Conscience of a Hacker" the Manifesto and you will have an idea of what I mean.

That is correct. You can read about it in a lot of places.

Here is an example

There was also The Mentor's Legion of Doom vs. The Masters of Deception. That was the real Great Hacker War in my opinion. A true story behind that event.

And let's not forget the former Defacers Challenge underground event. That's one hell of a competition, not a war though.