What lurks in YOUR water?

"i read an article about prozac being found in tap water"

Can't remember where it was (probably US, surprise surprise), when a factory dumped some Prozac in a swamp area. The frogs then became addicted to it and acted all weird. :D Not that making innocent animals addicted to a drug is particularly funny, though. :<

They looked more active than algie to me. Probably nothing special, but its definately not dirt.

Agreed! They couldnt be anything inanimate b/c of the arcadine orange. It showed DNA in each one. But it could possibly be an algae, I've never examined any algae under high power, I'll have to check it out.

Intresting find MolecularMan. Kind of off topic but I suggest you use http://imageshack.us for uploading your pictures. You could then post many of them with the [img'] tag! :)

Thanks!

where in the world were these samples taken?

Directly from the school water fountain, if you can believe it!

• 2 weeks later...

I have no clue as to what these things are....

however, I'd not go spazzing out and not drinking tap water anymore. People have been drinking water for, how long now?

I've seen an alcoholic drink so much, he'd redrink his urine once he ran out. Whatever those lil boogers are I highly doubt will hurt you. I read once we have thousands upon thousands of microorganisms living just inside our mouths. Not to mention inside the rest of our body. You breath more of these micro-things with each breath. So I guess you need to quit breathing as well.

I understand the concern, but there is probably more nasties in mountain dew. It would be interesting to compare those samples to some bottle water. It is also pretty neat considering the objects in your photos could be mistaken for some astronomical object.

I have no clue as to what these things are....

however' date=' I'd not go spazzing out and not drinking tap water anymore. People have been drinking water for, how long now?

I've seen an alcoholic drink so much, he'd redrink his urine once he ran out. Whatever those lil boogers are I highly doubt will hurt you. I read once we have thousands upon thousands of microorganisms living just inside our mouths. Not to mention inside the rest of our body. You breath more of these micro-things with each breath. So I guess you need to quit breathing as well.

I understand the concern, but there is probably more nasties in mountain dew. It would be interesting to compare those samples to some bottle water. It is also pretty neat considering the objects in your photos could be mistaken for some astronomical object.[/quote']

He isn't concerned about the safety of the sample, he is just curious about what the things are.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...