Jump to content


Recommended Posts

What is the force called when your pulled towards a fast moving car. I have noticed whenever a car zooms past me going like 100 km/h it seems to almost drag me towards it. Can someone please explain.


Thank you

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's because the car displaces a volume of air, and is followed by a region of low pressure. As the car goes past air from the area surrounding its path flows into the low pressure region behind the car, and if you're standing close you get pulled along with the moving air around you.


At least that's what I always figured was happening, perhaps someone else can put it in more formal language and correct the details.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.