When you die, why not send body in space?

Nisou

Hey, if you have the money, why not shoot your body into space when you die.. along with lots of other bodies? this way, your body is very well preserved, and has a 1 in 4 chance of aliens finding your body and making you alive again!

(1 in 4 chance part was meant as a joke)

so, you would either be found one day by something.. or end up burning in a star =), hmm.. what you think lol :D

Why send ur body in outer space if all ur visitors (if u'll have 1) are here on earth??

But if i have the money, i'll just tell my family to put me in an Airless coffin and then display me on a museum...... More like the one i saw in Ripley's Believe It or Not a few years ago............

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers

by Mary Roach

This is a surprising (and oddly funny) book about bodies donated to science and of those of wanted to be organ doners.

Being latexed is the oddest. They infuse your body with latex so you will never decompose and then you are like a toys people can take out your organs and-- well you latex, so think of it as a big rubber toy.

Also for the space people not such a good idea for everyone. The minerals in you body should go back to the earth. There are alot of people and eventually we need to make coal/oil/nutrients for the future peoples or for those fond of the thought... ALIENS.

Guest BlueStone

Well, if people were so paranoid about the subject of 'Death'...why not be immortal? To see the slow destruction of our earth, the technology being advanced, or outer space exploration, would be the privileges of choosing an immortal life. Not too shabby...

~BS

Why waste energy sending your body into space when it should remain here, it is a valuable source of organic matter.... it makes no sense to throw away parts of the earth. I want my body to be dissected, all usable organs to be donated, then the rest minced up composted and spread on a garden.

Can you imagine the insurance premiums. I want to be pumped full of preservatives and then covered in resin which when set will hold me in a naked standing position making a rude gesture with an un naturaly large grin on my face. Then I want to be burried in remote forgotten corner of the planet with low geological activity and for the people that burried me to forget where I was burried. All that just so some future and enlightened speices evolved of man may un earth me one day and think what the....... :D

Well' date=' if people were so paranoid about the subject of 'Death'...why not be immortal? To see the slow destruction of our earth, the technology being advanced, or outer space exploration, would be the privileges of choosing an immortal life. Not too shabby...

~BS[/quote']

Not so good if you consider that you'd have to do the whole thing either alone or knowing that everybody you befriend will die after only a fraction of your time on earth. Add to that watching the things you know and define yourself by being changed completely and ultimately destroyed, everything you believe in being cast aside over time...you would no longer belong to any group after a few short generations. I consider that would probably make the sanest of us mad before long.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you imagine the insurance premiums. I want to be pumped full of preservatives and then covered in resin which when set will hold me in a naked standing position making a rude gesture with an un naturaly large grin on my face. Then I want to be burried in remote forgotten corner of the planet with low geological activity and for the people that burried me to forget where I was burried. All that just so some future and enlightened speices evolved of man may un earth me one day and think what the....... :D

i think you were being sarcastic, but that is a good idea

(1 in 4 chance part was meant as a joke)

lol' date=' once again, a good use for a sarcasm wrap :)

:D I like Nick Swanson's thought on his funeral.

-closed casket

-everyone thinks you're in the casket

-your not :)

-all of a sudden, the lights go out

-techno music, and strobe lights come on

-your body is fixed on strings

-swinging above your friends and family (dancing and freaking)

LMAO!!!

I just get the greatest visual with that one :D

Fired at the sun from a giant space cannon.

Hurrah!

lmao, we could have races, and well have online gambling!

When I'm dead, people can do what every they want to my body. I aint there. I'm off in heaven. They can rip out my eyes and feed them to rats. I don't care.

But I don't see the point of throwing them into space. It's not like we are running out of places to burry people.