14 members have voted

1. 1. Number of Marshmallows Needed to Achieve 'Mallownausea

• 1-3
    • 4-6
    • 7-9
    • 10+
    • No Number of 'Mallows Have Yet Defeated Me in Gastronomic Combat
    • I Cannot Eat Marshmallows Because Yahweh/ Allah is a Nazi
    • I Do Not Eat Marshmallows Because I am a Vegetarian, So My Input Wouldn't Count Either Way Because I am Not a Person in Any Meaningful Sense

How many marshmallows of average, non-mini-size can you ingest in one sitting before you regret it? *Let us henceforth consider only raw, untoasted, unflavored, marshmallows, not dipped in chocolate or chopped in icecream or drizzled with caramel and nuts or anything else. No caffeinated versions, no gelatin-free version, no fish-gelatin-based lies, etc and so on and what have you*

Edited by AzurePhoenix

I will start the traditional complaining-about-the-poll.

In the Netherlands, it's not the tradition to eat Marshmallows. I have probably had only 1-2 in my life.

Therefore, I chose the option:

No Number of 'Mallows Have Yet Defeated Me in Gastronomic Combat

But this might give a misleading result. I hope nobody is using this poll to do a market analysis for their new marshmallow factory. I've personally caused an overestimation of the marketsize and the mallowresistance of the market.

When I was a kid I used to love a Friendly's ice cream flavor called chocolate marshmallow — chocolate ice cream with veins of marshmallow running through it (a "swirl" species of ice cream). One day, we got a half gallon where something had happened to the marshmallow — some kind of chemical separation, or the mixture was wrong, or something. It was disgusting. I haven't had the desire to eat marshmallows since. So 1 would be enough to achieve nausea.

Swansont's 'Mallownausea by way of Psychological Frailty is an accepted variation if the general idea.

CaptainPanic's cultural barbarism is an expected and unfortunate consequence of the American loss of interest in God-approved manifest destiny and global conquest, so his act of social terrorism will be quietly ignored until such time as it becomes popular, results in violence, and we'll have to invade a neighboring nation to his that didnt have much to do with it and take their timber. Which we will use to fuel more 'mallow factories. That's what European nations have, right? Timber?

I wonder if the method of preparation effects the number. In my book, the only proper way to prepare a marshmallow is to set it ablaze and peel off the charred skin.

I used to do that but have since matured to golden browned skin and taking forever to roast.

CaptainPanic's cultural barbarism is an expected and unfortunate consequence of the American loss of interest in God-approved manifest destiny and global conquest, so his act of social terrorism will be quietly ignored until such time as it becomes popular, results in violence, and we'll have to invade a neighboring nation to his that didnt have much to do with it and take their timber. Which we will use to fuel more 'mallow factories. That's what European nations have, right? Timber?

I accept your insult that we have a certain mallow-barbarism. We copied nearly all your American culture - from MTV, through hollywood to burgers and coca cola... But you can never force your marshmallows upon us!

For the necessary timber however, I have to point to our Northern friends up in Scandinavia. I know that you American imperialist bastards have plotted against my little country for so long, but you should have taken a look at Google Pictures to see how much timber we got. You made plans to invade the wrong country.

Our country is mostly city, and what is not city looks pretty much like this or this.

p.s. For those who fail to spot humor - this post is meant to be funny, and I don't wish to trigger any America-Europe debate... we have enough of those already.