I HAVE CREATED A PERFECT VACUUM

PhDwannabe

no please explain

(does it have something to do with something being unable to move forever with a so called "perfect vacuum"

Read the link, or my blog post http://blogs.scienceforums.net/swansont/archives/7944

A vacuum has friction for rotating (i.e. accelerating) objects, since they electromagnetically couple to the vacuum via the vacuum fluctuations.

Read the link, or my blog post http://blogs.scienceforums.net/swansont/archives/7944

A vacuum has friction for rotating (i.e. accelerating) objects, since they electromagnetically couple to the vacuum via the vacuum fluctuations.

having read you're blog post the link and the link on you're blog post the joke still does not make sense...

The context of the joke was pretending to be an insane person who believes they've made a perpetual motion device, and, per thousands of years of Western intellectual tradition, posts news of it on this here forum. The deviation from this was the claim that I hadn't made a perpetual motion device, "merely" a "perfect vacuum." It's the equivalent of me claiming that I've built a probe which is orbiting Pluto, but I could never get the antenna screwed on entirely straight, so unfortunately I'm not able to download any of the images.

This was a humorous way of presenting an article I saw--conveniently linked--about how friction in some sense would continue to exist in this "perfect vacuum." Thanks, Swansont, for getting the joke.

COMEDY IS FUNNY, NO?

The context of the joke was pretending to be an insane person who believes they've made a perpetual motion device, and, per thousands of years of Western intellectual tradition, posts news of it on this here forum. The deviation from this was the claim that I hadn't made a perpetual motion device, "merely" a "perfect vacuum." It's the equivalent of me claiming that I've built a probe which is orbiting Pluto, but I could never get the antenna screwed on entirely straight, so unfortunately I'm not able to download any of the images.

This was a humorous way of presenting an article I saw--conveniently linked--about how friction in some sense would continue to exist in this "perfect vacuum." Thanks, Swansont, for getting the joke.

COMEDY IS FUNNY, NO?

Well... we go through these forums like we zap on tv, meaning at first I give a thread a glance of mere seconds. I initially classified this thread as one of those insane threads about free energy and stuff... and I nearly left it to search something more interesting.

I'm afraid that (for me) the initial post did not distinguish itself enough from the real nutcases who spam these forums. :)

However, the article is interesting. Thanks!

I'm afraid that (for me) the initial post did not distinguish itself enough from the real nutcases who spam these forums.
I too almost ignored the whole thread due to the title.

Well, looks like I'm looking for different things. For me, there is a strong positive correlation between the general nutcasiness of the title and the chances I'll read it.

Hmm. As if I didn't spend enough time around insane people all day?

Well, looks like I'm looking for different things. For me, there is a strong positive correlation between the general nutcasiness of the title and the chances I'll read it.

Hmm. As if I didn't spend enough time around insane people all day?

LOL :)

I visit this forum to keep myself sharp... to think problems over and then see what other people think of my solution.

If I may summarize your post, you come here for entertainment. It's nice to see that other people have different goals - because that's what keeps this forum alive!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.