4 members have voted

1. 1. is fox a good/reliable/acurate news station

• yes
    • no
  2. 2. is CNN a good/reliable/acurate news station

• yes
    • no

is fox reliable. is CNN

a friend of mine keeps telling me that i should stop watching fox and watch CNN instead is there a real difference?

Well, there's two outliers as far as bias. Those would be FOX and MSNBC, although FOX is much farther right than MSNBC is left. CNN has a history of being neutral or as close to neutral as possible, however with FOX's recent uptake in the crazy, they've shifted left slightly.

What your friend was talking about probably wasn't bias. It was probably the deceit, deliberate manipulation, and blatant lies from FOX.

Yes, CNN is better than FOX.

is fox reliable. is CNN

a friend of mine keeps telling me that i should stop watching fox and watch CNN instead is there a real difference? [/Quote]

We have had another poll over Fox News, which abruptly ended (very few locked threads, this forum), after 19 pages and 362 post. The final results were 28 felt Fox was NOT a News Organization and 4 feeling it was. It would give you an idea of the sentiments here, at least in those days...

http://www.scienceforums.net/topic/42169-is-fox-news-a-news-organization/

Since then Fox has only grown in its ratings, percent of the market share, adding the Wall Street Journal, the Fox Business Channel, it's latest creation "The Journal" (an i-pad newspaper) and increased it's coverage overseas via "Sky News".

In the end however, which is best for you depends on your own particular social/political bias, what's important and how the news is portrayed from your position. As I occasionally do, it's always good to check in with views from all sides and watch a little of all Network News. I was one of the 4, by the way and vote yes for Fox and will vote "present" for CNN.

No, corporate news stations can no longer be trusted. With the uptick in competition and 24 hour cable news, sensationalism has finally overtaken factually checked sourcing on the priority list. People watch and read the most exciting information, and news is nothing more than an information business. People forget it's a for-profit, corporate business, no different than Wal-Mart or Halliburton in terms of concentration on the bottom line - profits.

I would suggest taking a different approach to information gathering, like reading from multiple sources and only settle on information when you see it duplicated across different information companies. Googlenews is useful for this, too.

Another great site that liberals and conservatives cringe to read is www.factcheck.org

CNN is terrible. They lied about Rush Limbaughs comments on slavery and James Earl Ray that originated from a Wikipedia contributor without any sourcing- and those were duplicated in a book also without sourcing. Rick Sanchez made an ass out of himself peddling that crap as well.

Edited by ParanoiA