Clone Me An Army

Thrand

Solenopsis Invicta

Clone me a queen the size of a rat, and ile show you an army that could bring the world to its knees in 5 years. A queen produces a colony of over 200,000 stinging ants per mound and hundreds of queens each summer. The mounds would be over 1,000 feet tall and cover an area equal to the size of europe.

I’m sure there’s an obvious answer to this question but how exactly would you go about cloning ants that can think to the size of rats?

Also ants of that size wouldn’t be able to find enough food and they would all die out. A million rat-ants can’t exactly feed off of flowers.

On second thought forget the intelligence part, I dont think Solenopsis Invicta the size of rats would need any intelligence to cause the extinction of mankind, we are doing a good enough job at that already. What they would do is push humanity into doing something really ignorant such as poisoning ourselves to death or something allong those lines. Eventually they would take over the world, but only after humanity had handed it to them.

"take over" is the act or an instance of assuming control or management of or responsibility for something, especially the seizure of power.

Heh, if they had IQ way above human genius level, then even if they were normal sized ants I think we wouldn't stand a chance.

"Will they make us all slaves, eat our young, or simply steal jobs?"

Yeah that's about it.

Employee: WHAT?! Why did you fire me?!

Chief: Well, today an ant with an IQ of 357 came here and asked if he could fill your position.

Employee: The same ant whose friends made my grandma a sugar cookie slave? THE SAME ANT WHOSE FRIENDS ATE MY TWO DAUGHTERS?!

Chief: You mean Xhazinffdaclackclickclackzxytl? Yeah, that's the guy.

Anyway, haven't you guys heard of the Brazilian ants that gather at numbers that make them have an area of 2miles wide and 10 miles long. Some people should really read Leiningen vs. the ants. If the ants had an IQ high enough to decide to wipe us out, then believe me they can do it. But that is IF they have an IQ, or maybe they do :eek:

has anyone ever seen the film "Tremors"? I envisage something along the lines of those creatures, but in their millions, and alot stronger than the critters in the film, with the ability to spit acid and sting, ants are also known to raid other creatures nest and take them as slaves too.

I`de certainly buy shares in Rent-o-Kill products :)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry the exoskeleton of an ant that size would not support its weight, Also they aren't that good as swimming.

God, I can't believe I'm answering this whilst sober. :eek:

Obviously they'd hitch rides on ships and birds.

It's the thinking part that I can't grasp, we know giant insects couldn't exist and to outsmart us they'd need better brains bigger than they have right now.

So they'd have to be telepathic and have a hive type mind where every single ant not only knew what the others were thinking but could influence them. So instead of having the brain in one ant it would be in them all.

Perhaps then they could all work together and invent helicopters, fighter jets, aircraft carriers or just raid our military bases and steal all our tackle.

"Lot of ants tonight John.."

"Yeah, I just hope it's not another bloody invasion force. Those ant sized machine guns don't half sting the morning afterwards." ;)