What Browser ?

TonyMcC

I'm ambi-browserous, I use chrome and firefox at home and i use chrome and IE7 at work.

at work i need IE7 to access some of the applications on the intranet(they work with chrome but not so well as some numpty seen fit to code them with IE7 specific HTML. they don't even work right with IE8.

still better than the one legacy telnet application that gets used once in a blue moon when we need to export something from the ancient system that got forgotten about some time in the early 90's

yeah, they know about it. it doesn't work.

also, the global standard is IE7 getting that changed would be like 2 years of justification, testing and modifying for them.

the virus protection and firewalls are actually pretty damn good so there isn't realy much reason to move away from it. It's only when you go to access the general web that you get any issues and thats what chrome's good for.

• 1 month later...

I use Firefox 4 beta. It starts a little bit slowly as compared to chrome but has the add on feature which makes it the best. Foxfilter, is my favourite, cause it keeps bad content blocked and prevents me from anything embarrassing while I surf sitting with my dad. The ad blocker is also a nice one!

I just this morning installed Firefox 4.0 (I've been using FF since the beginning, basically). So far I'm not feeling the love. It's...it's...almost like it's trying to be Chrome, and I really don't care for Chrome.

But it sure beats IE (just my opinion. I know lots who love it).

I just this morning installed Firefox 4.0 (I've been using FF since the beginning, basically). So far I'm not feeling the love. It's...it's...almost like it's trying to be Chrome, and I really don't care for Chrome.

But it sure beats IE (just my opinion. I know lots who love it).

IE9 is trying to be like Chrome as well...Google's doing something right: speed and minimisation of screen estate taken up by the browser which is two things that IE9 and FF4 is emulating.