Fast spinning reduce gravity effect?

alpha2cen

Thank you for good answer. I did not know there is a theory about gravitomagnetism.

Note well that it has nothing to do with actual magnetic effects. It has that name because the equations look similar to magnetic interactions.

• 2 weeks later...
Gravity makes curvature in the space time. If the object's spinning speed fast, is wave moving speed of the space time curvature reduced?

Why would there even be a gravitational wave unless the spinning object was highly lopsided or had a very dense, off-center volume within it? If it managed to create gravitational waves, they would propagate at the speed of light. No more, no less. Higher spin rates would probably increase the frequency of the gravitational waves, but it wouldn't affect their speed.

If gravitational waves exist at all, that is. Last I heard they haven't actually been detected to any degree of certainty, though there have been some interesting possibilities dating back to 1987.

Bill Wolfe

Why would there even be a gravitational wave unless the spinning object was highly lopsided or had a very dense, off-center volume within it? If it managed to create gravitational waves, they would propagate at the speed of light. No more, no less. Higher spin rates would probably increase the frequency of the gravitational waves, but it wouldn't affect their speed.

Sounds right to me. I vaguely remember the source needs a quadrupole term in order to emit gravitational waves....

If fact yes, from wikipedia:

More technically, the third time derivative of the quadrupole moment (or the l-th time derivative of the l-th multipole moment) of an isolated system's stress-energy tensor must be nonzero in order for it to emit gravitational radiation. This is analogous to the changing dipole moment of charge or current necessary for electromagnetic radiation.