What is gmail?

Encrypted

Google email. It's still in beta but some folks want it because it'll be the Next Big Thing. It gives you a gigabyte of storage, for example, and has some nice features that you don't normally see in free email. On the down side, it puts up advertising, and the ads are actually based on the content of your email, as automatically detected by software (much like the adds in this forum), which makes some folks a little nervous.

Gmail is the mail service offered by Google.com. It gives you 1 gigabyte of Email storage. It is however still a BETA version, but they accept suggestions for their future, full, service.

I like it, it works well for me so far.

They use a different method of message storing where you archive things you want to save, and search for them later. (You can also add stars to those which are important)

(Just to add: it does scan your e-mails and filter out words for ads, that's the catch)

Edit: just noticed someone else already posted this. My own experience has been pleasent, but all my invites expired so can't add anyone else. Sorry :rolleyes:

almost all has been said, it is in beta version, which means it isnt entrirely finished, however, to get some publicity, gmail is open to people via invites from existing members. so originally, google gave some accounts to a few people [friends and over competitions] and gave each account a set number of 'invites'. the people with the gmail account can then invite someone else to have a gmail account. that person could the invite their friend.

so slowly gmail is spreading and is now quite popular because of it's massive inbox [1GB]. its just a big publicity thing before gmail alpha [the final version] is released, as we can see, gmail is already quite popular and free, when it becomes available world wide it will be even more popular.

when google first came up with the idea of gmail, there aim was to take over the whole internet email 'market', and they seem to be giving it a pretty good shot.

In gmail I haven't gotten any invites to give out, and it lacks some of the features I enjoy on MSN. I think I might stay with what I got.

It lacks features because it's a beta version. The alpha will be released soon.

MSN is a bag of crap. I suggest adblocking the banners, as they use image beacons to download known adware.