Issue with the plot of The Matrix

Sayonara

matter said in post #48 :

By the way though I don't see how the guns in the first film hid the fact that the W. brothers cant direct and action sequence. The lobby scene was cool as hell. Just because guns were involved doesnt mean the action sequence wasn't good though, it worked perfectly with the guns.

You're getting it the wrong way round.

It's EASIER to direct scenes with guns.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone catch agent smith's license plate in Reloaded? "IS 5416"

Check out Isaiah 54:16

16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

I just saw this on another site.

Just found more:

The Twins’ truck on the freeway: DE2852. Deutronomy 28:52 — They shall besiege you in all your towns, until your high and fortified walls, in which you trusted, come down throughout all your land. And they shall besiege you in all your towns throughout all your land, which the LORD your God has given you.

Trinity and Morephus’ Cadillac on the freeway: DA203. Daniel 2:03 — I have had a dream that troubles me and I want to know what it means.

Right. I get what you're saying that it's easier to direct scenes with the guns.

What I'm thinking is that the W. brothers can still direct action sequences, but it just feels like they didn't know what to write when it came to writing the action sequences in Reloaded for whatever reason. I still think they have the potential.

BTW I just now saw the trailer for Revolutions, and I gotta say I'm pretty pysched.

Oh and also, in regards to the guns thing, what about the Dojo scene and the Subway scene in the first one? I loved both of those scenes. I have to think they were both great scenes because of the fact that the story was so good. The story in Reloaded has a "where do we go from here" kind of feel, and it shows in the fighting sequences.

Hey, What happended to Mrl_Jakiri's avatar? At first, I couldn't recognize him.

I think I was drugged when I was watching the movie....(Or perhaps the directors were....). What was that? A cartoon movie or something (Barbie of Swan Lake was better).

First, the casting (ughhhh). It was horrible. The keymaker - first he acted like a comedian and suddenly gained some personality.......OHHH The causality dude - who the hell was that - I actually started thinking I was in a philosophy class or something...

Actually in the first movie - Morpheous was so cool in the talking sequences - that everything else could be ignored (though this doesn't rule out the fact that the casting in the second movie .......I don't have any words)

Then the white guy in the white room (the architect or something)........ he was trying so hard to show some personality........ I think he even changed his voice....booooogus

Then the two ghost dude - What was their function?

AHHHH - Mr. Smith - I liked him so much in the first one - but in M:R he was ...............

I didn't understand the last scene - Did Neo actually stop the machine in real world? What does it mean - That we're inside another matrix in the matrix world - Or, Neo is the oooooooooonnnnnnnneeeeeee in the real world too?

The list could be so long.... PEOPLE WHO LIKED M:R SHOULD GO AND WATCH X-MEN EVOLUTION THE CARTOON. (it's better trust me)

alt_f13 said in post #54 :

Religous references make me crazy. I ain't all that religous but I like the supernaturalism.

That's what the W. Bros are relying on to sell their ideas, methinks.

The rub is that they aren't actually saying anything philosophically profound, nor are they making a film about religion. They're just stealing older stories than most screenwriters do.

neo_maya said in post #57 :

Was really disappointed to see the oracle in this movie.

Her magic was gone.....

Now they've grown a pair and decided to have characters who might actually be lying to Neo, I find the Oracle a lot more interesting as a character. Seeing as the world is meant to be a system of linked human minds and computers, I prefer the Oracle as "software with motives" instead of being surrounded by all that mysticism crap that the W. Bros use to muddy up anything they can't think of a cogent explanation for.

The "knows all, sees all, benevolent" character we saw her as in the first film was tired and banal. Conversely, the "program looking out for its own interests by slipping between the cracks and manipulating system resources to avoid deletion" approach is far more interesting.

I don't know - I liked the all knowing oracle more. I mean - remember the scene with Neo in the first movie? where she said to him - o' and don't worry about the vase? - I really liked that part. That smile with a cookie in her hand was far more interesting. Besides - didn't like her acting in this movie.

I think she could still be a - "program looking out for its own interests by slipping between the cracks and manipulating system resources to avoid deletion" - with all her mysticism.

(By the way what were her own interest, after all, she was a program , not a human being.)

Though - still donot understand - why was there a Neo in the first place? - And what did the last scene mean - where Neo stopped the machine in the real world?

AI implies self-determination, amongst other things. Agent Smith wished to live on, and the Oracle (if a similar program) may have taken a similar path.

The reason that there is a One to begin with is explained in the architect scene, assuming he's telling the truth.

The last scene (almost certainly) means that there is a matrix within a matrix, SHOCK.

However, it could also be setting Neo up to be a total messianic character, or it could be he accessed the sentinals through the matrix itself, or something similar.

The first one gets my vote, especially because of the 'Something's not right here' line.

• 2 weeks later...

I rented the Reloaded DVD and after a second viewing I have to say I kind of enjoyed it. It was kind of awkward though, watching Neo and Trinity have sex with all those outlets on their bodies. There is something not quite right with it and I can't figure it out.

P.S. the CGI Neo in the fight scene with the 1000 Agents Smiths looks as lame as I remember it the first time. I can't believe they did that. It's like watching a disney cartoon.

I love the Matrix series... but no. Not at all would I like to see a fourth matrix. The plot line will have been exhausted, the extent of Neo's powers proven and no more in-Matrix or real world abilities to exploit.

If one were to come out, I would see it in theaters and buy the DVD supposing it were any good, but the idea of a fourth Matrix as it currently stands is about appealing to me as Rocky IX or Land Before Time XIV.