jet engines

ammonium nitrate

i was making some jet engines this morning but after a a thew succesful runs, the just started giving out puffs of smoke, is there any reason for that happening as i have not managed to get them to work ever since? i have been adding the same amount of fuelin the same temperature, i know this because i have been making sure i have been launching them in high temperature areas

with temperature controls in place

well, as they gave out some puffs of smoke and then didn't work i'm going to go with:

something important broke and you haven't fixed it.

beyond that, we do not have anywhere near enough information to diagnose the problem let alone tell you how to fix it. you never even told us what type of jet engine it was.

Smoke from a jet engine suggests incomplete combustion, which, as insane_alien mentioned, suggests that something is broken. I agree that we don't have enough information...

But it took me about 10 seconds to find a RC (remote control) Jet Engine forum - maybe those experts can directly point out a very common failure.

Good luck.

I care to speculate a guess and say maybe the combustion was incomplete to begin with and the bearing is gummed up preventing adequate intake and compression :/

- or -

if the blades are spinning, then maybe the fuel injectors are just spewing gas in .... gummed or burned it's just an open line

... whatever it is I would like to know what happened :)

Edited by Xittenn

if the blades are spinning, then maybe the fuel injectors are just spewing gas in .... gummed or burned it's just an open line

Too bad for him if it's a pulsejet. But yeah, my guess would be that if it's a turbojet that your blades are clogging things up. Perhaps you want to amend the angle of incidence or remove a few blades to create better airflow?

Let me start (I hope you don't consider this a flame) that you expect us to solve a practical problem of a jet engine, but you give very limited information.

Why don't you take a little bit of time, and provide us with real information? A proper description of all components of the engine, preferably with diagrams. Since it's a pulse engine, we also need to know what is happening at what time. Pictures might help too if we can see something on it.

My only conclusion is that something is broken... and that "something" hasn't been described yet by you.

Fuel inlet is functioning normally?

Fuel is getting distributed normally? I guess it is sprayed somehow? In the right direction?

The synchronization of the fuel inlet and the air-valve works?

• 5 weeks later...