Bird pandemic or to much media? Proposed theorys please?

Doc. Josh

I have been watching this Mass bird death on the news and it has hit many headlines. So far from what ive read it has happend in ark, 100,000 drum die in the ark river and more birds in louisanna and now sweeden. I have been trying to piece together an answer but everytime i seem to be on somthing it falls apart. Just wondering if anybody has heard of this and if so, any rational thoughts or reasons as to why this is happening? And also for that matter if it was just focused on because it's the first thing to really happen in 2011. And the only explanation given so far is fire work displays, but if thats the case wouldnt their be more of this every holiday regarding fireworks? And why just that species not others. Along with 125 miles away 100,000 drum fish suddenly die. Thanks in advance for all your imput i hope this makes for interesting dispute.

Some articles said that the birds are suspected to have died from blunt trauma. Due to the bird flu scares in some parts of the world, the occurrence of numerous dead birds could indicate some problems. Bird flu test should be quite fast by now, but they didn't mentioned bird flu, so most likely it isn't bird flu. Since they mentioned fireworks, I speculate the fireworks produce pollution, thick smoke with some toxic compounds in the haze. Fireworks are regulated, so the chance of toxic compounds may be low, however you'll never know if some experimenters decided to try some new stuff for better effects. or a faulty batch that happened to contained some highly toxic impurities. This haze could have been thick enough, that the birds in flight became unconscious due to lack of fresh air. When they fell from heights, that crash landing on hard surfaces caused the blunt trauma. The fish death are said to be unrelated to the birds, however by extension of my speculation, the toxic compounds entered the water after some fireworks upstream, and promptly caused a temporary anoxic condition in the water killing some organisms, and it snowballed like a chain reaction killing more fishes. :D Another speculation is odd weather patterns. This year's weather seems particularly harsh and maybe the weaker birds were killed in harsh winters.

Edited by skyhook

So far i have been following this pretty close and have a list of my finding's.

01/01/2011-5,000 black birds arkansas

01/03/2011-100,000 fresh water drum die in ozark arkansas.

01/03/2011-500 blackbirds-labarre louisiana

01/07/2011-2 million fish chesapeake bay

01/07/2011-6 million fish die bolivia river south america.

01/07/2011-south pacific death toll unknown-pari village

01/07/2011-8,000 turtle doves die in italy

01/07/2011-40,000 devil crab die

01/07/2011-5,000 snapper port orange fl

01/07/2011-800 black birds rock well texas

01/07/2011-400 birds die california.

I understand mass deaths are common, And have been for quite a long time. What i don't understand is this many, in this short of time? Plus the causes are diffrent than most mass animal deaths. For example, the official report is the deaths are not related. And its fireworks,cold,sickness etc... Well no sickness has been found yet, fireworks seems unlikly to me. The cold is very possible. Now my research as it stands, until proven otherwise which is fine if it is. Has to do with electromagnetic field some how some way disturbing the natural forces that migratory animals depend on to fly south,spawn to the deep water,move out when tides change etc... Now i believe if the magnetic field was to be shifting even in a slow manner, It would cause these problems. Now the bird's in Italy died of hypoxia, lack of oxygen to the brain. Same thing as flying to high for piliots. Now if the birds inner compass is wrong then they may not be able to relize their height, fly to high,passout and fall from the sky etc.. Same concept with the fish i dont think they knew it was time to leave the shallows from feeding. Instead they either went the wrong direction... Or stayed in, became land locked and froze to death. And at bthe same time on that day i clicked on fox news and learned about tampa international airport shifted 3 degrees due to a disruption in the magnetic force. As i suspected this cause early january 1st when the first report came out. If anyone has a better theory,idea anything i would love to hear it.

Bird navigation is a fascinatingly complex topic, studied in depth since the 1920s, but still not perfectly understood. It certainly involves orientation to more subtle factors than we can yet identify, and probably includes reference to some information from the Earth's magnetism. If there was some disturbance in the Earth's magnetic field, this might account for the large-scale avian deaths around the world in a short period of time.

But the fact that there have been both massive bird deaths and massive fish deaths at around the same time makes me suspect some water-borne toxin getting into the fish, which in turn are eaten by birds, thus explaining the deaths in both groups at once.

(((((((But the fact that there have been both massive bird deaths and massive fish deaths at around the same time makes me suspect some water-borne toxin getting into the fish, which in turn are eaten by birds, thus explaining the deaths in both groups at once. )))

That was my fiirst thought as well, But according to the information currently available, no toxins or chemical related substances were found in the test subjects. That's why it was so compelling for me to check into this with great detail. The oil spill undoubtedly did and will cause long term effects in the worlds eco system, As well with other foreign chemicals introduced to the animal population. But i feel the events that have taken place are not related to poisoning, Or natural born toxin's.

That is quite interesting indeed, But no matter how you slice the cake we still need to get to the root source of why. Mass die offs occur often with a blunt explanation as to why, weather it be sickness, old age, hypothermia etc.. But the death's that are currently listed from my knowledge are still left without a deffinitive answer as to why. And the numbers i do believe are quite higher than in previous account's. And in previous account's of mass animal death's scientist have been relatively quick in response. Im not discrediting any information or any opinion, afterall im no biologist i still feel a sense of disbelief in no common denominator fact's. Thank you for all the responses in all respect.

• 3 months later...