why aliens not contacting us properly

woleez

Now it’s been established fact that UFO sighting since 1940s, now its over 70 years worldwide reporting of UFO sight seeing.

Just wondering if they are really intelligent life forms from deep space, what taking them so long before them finally appear like regular visiting aliens before masses of people and on national TV?

Why they just showing us glimpse of their flying machines some times beams of lights and then disappear in vastness of universe.

I am not skeptic, but at same time i know its logical to believe on fact if we humans could evolve on earth, then there are millions of possible planets even in our milky way that could sustain intelligent life.

but mother of all questions ::: what taking them over 70 years before they finally present themselves as regular normal appearance in front of masses.

Any ideas???

Also i have a question if some one answers it with serious attitude.

Is that possible for us a period of 100 years could be a very short time period from visitors from outer space or from other dimensions?

I mean to say for them its just couple of weeks since they start visiting earth and for us it’s over 70 years?

If any one could answer it with some scientific theory I will appreciate.

chao

The most straightforward answer is that the UFO sightings aren't aliens. More likely that it was swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

Please look into the red light.

/me dons shades

*FLASH*

Let's just grant the OP its assumption that there are intelligent beings on other planets who are able to come near enough to us for it to be physically possible for them to contact us, but as the evidence now suggests, they don't.

I think one reason might be the problem of the 'radical indeterminacy of translation' described by the philosopher Willard Quine. It could just be that the way space aliens conceive the universe they share with us is so radically incommensurable with our own ways of understanding it that communication is simply impossible, even with the best translation. Perhaps their ways of dealing with the same problems of space, time, matter, and energy we face represent such a startlingly original approach that we could never even imagine what they are thinking, nor could they explain their thoughts to us, so communication could never occur, even if contact were technically possible.

Another possibility is that they don't even regard us as worth talking to, or they conceive the universe in such a distinct way from our style of conception that they are incapable of seeing what we are doing as thinking or communicating. Just as we're not trying to talk to ants, other than in the crude sort of stimulus-response experiments performed in psychology labs, which assume that ants respond but do not construct their own linguistic meanings, so too it simply doesn't occur to space aliens to bother trying to share meanings with us, since they cannot understand our own communicative activity as the communication of meaning rather than as just some sort of conceptually mute interaction. This is especially likely if they've ever picked up broadcasts of the Oprah show.

The issue here is whether people (whether human or not) ever overcome the will to secrecy and invisibility (covert power) once they have attained it. Many people do not feel that "honesty is the best policy" and they avoid it at all costs, thinking that it makes them unnecessarily vulnerable. Such people have little if any faith in others and view social-interaction as a competition for power/domination. They hide to avoid being dominated and maintain secrets that give them a leg-up in dominating others. This is an everyday phenomenon; not limited to aliens or various forms of high-stakes political/corporate espionage. It occurs everytime someone secretly fantasizes about someone other than their partner, for example.

Edited by lemur

Alien Leader "Do we really want to talk to these people? I mean look at them! Once we show our faces we have got to take some responsibility for setting them straight, we couldn't just leave them like that. Let some other species 'discover' them - and then those dumb schmucks will be the one's landed with the job of teaching humanity how to behave. Come on, just look at how they treat each other; do you really want to get involved with them? "

Alien 2-in-C "When you put it like that I can understand. Remain fully cloaked and move out of the Sol System?"

I recall a chimp raised by humans and taught sign language, who was then allowed to associate with other (non-signing) chimps and asked to describe them. The chimp described them as "insects". If highly advanced space aliens are flying around the universe, they probably view us as "insects".

To answer another question of the OP: In fact, there are reports of UFO sightings, some of them offering quite detailed pictures of what seem to correspond to our modern ideas of 'alien spacecraft,' over thousands of years of human history. One of the earliest is from the Old Testament, where there is a report of something like a spacecraft that lands and sends out wheeled robot-like creatures. But still, if this report is taken to date from about 1300 B.C., then that only amounts to 3300 years of UFO sightings, which might still be a short period compared to all the time during which aliens might have had the chance to visit the Earth and try to contact intelligent life here. For example, what if they had come to Earth during the Jurassic era, found nothng worth talking to, and so crossed the place off their list?

I recall a chimp raised by humans and taught sign language, who was then allowed to associate with other (non-signing) chimps and asked to describe them. The chimp described them as "insects". If highly advanced space aliens are flying around the universe, they probably view us as "insects".

This was in the vein of my reaction to this thread. My reaction is pretty much "How often have we communicated 'normally' or 'directly' with any of the animals we've studied?" I mean, we can teach dogs and other domesticated animals verbal commands, but we aren't using the animals' noises, the animals are learning our speech/commands.

Endless possibility8i would suppose, One of my personal thoughts is relitive to time. We as humans look at time as a marker in history, our life and day by day events along with the longevity of human life etc...I suspect if the extraterrertrial life forms are intelligent enough for what we consider vast space travel, May in fact be very short to a species that lives 4,000 years and has accomplished 2 million years of technology beyond our current status. And to our 70 years of modern UFO sightings is just 20 minutes to them. So it's all relitive to the species,

We look at our dogs sitting by us now next to the computer and he/she may be only ten years old but going gray and moving alittle slower... And then turn our attion to you'r 10 year old daughter And see that her life has not even began just yet. Shes still learning exploring etc.. But its all irelitive to the old dog and the youg girl But both ten. And also if their our multiple races. Even to the extint that we know so little we are still cave men in their prospective. And to my final point is why would they bother "A". "B" if the have,did,do the goverment would not make it public and induce world wide panic. a person is smart, people are dumb in a sense. And "c" Were in a fish tank and nothing but alegy growing on a rock.... The question is what's more frightening to be alone in this vast universe bound to this rock and were just a freak evolutionary mistake. Or we are apart of somthing bigger and we have a direction a purpose and an origin.. Sorry i went off topic a bit just trying to tie it all in.

They are waiting for their Speech Therapists to complete their work.

The aliens have an acute sense of smell and communicate by carefuly modulated emissions of bodily gasses. This explains all their "probing" as they are trying to work out why we can't speak properly. :D

They are waiting for their Speech Therapists to complete their work.

The aliens have an acute sense of smell and communicate by carefuly modulated emissions of bodily gasses. This explains all their "probing" as they are trying to work out why we can't speak properly.

Might that be considered some sort of "FART" Complexity? I'm sure it must have something to do with politics. Edited by rigney

So what if they're being respectful of our free will by abstaining from showing up and saying "take me to your leader or suffer the consequences", and they're showing their hardware here and there so people will investigate, and they communicate individually with those who do that, either physically or mentally (telepathy), and are waiting for a "critical mass" of welcoming humans to be reached, a majority of two-thirds, for example….

• 3 weeks later...

Have you ever thought that if we are sending out signals into far into space and nobody is replying back then maybe there is something scary out there and life on other planets just want to hide themselves from it?

Yet we are sending out signals going "Here we are come find us."

Domo, because of our normal radio and TV chatter everybody within 80 odd light years knows we are here. However even the most invasive race would pause in their desire to attack us after watching our broadcasts.

Any reasonably sentient race would hesitiate to invade a planet that over the last 60 years has survived atomic mutated giant ants (Them! 1954), reanimated corpses (Plan 9 from Outer Space 1958 and 2009), giant lizards, moths and bugs (japanese Godzilla movies from the 50s), martians (take your pick, up to and including "Mars Attacks" 1996), the blob (1958), vegetable aliens (The Thing 1951), carnivorous plants (Day of the Triffids 1962), collision with another planet (When Worlds Collide 1951) and all manner of other sundry evils. Our broadcasts also show a probably larger than usual percentage of brilliant but highly unstable people who are willing to blow up the planet if they cannot rule it, along with an equal number of just as brilliant people who manage to almost destry the planet by accident.

Soon they will see the Constitution Class Battlecruiser "Enterprise" embark on it's 5 year mission to demonstrate not only our technology, firepower and resourcefulness, but also the fact that we captain these ships with men who will chase anything in a skirt. Aliens beware, even your women are not safe.

Yes we are broadcasting a message to the stars and the message is "Don't mess with humans, they are very dangerous".

Have you ever thought that they might be hiding from us? :D

Edited by JohnB

We just get the desperate stragglers who failed to pay attention to the "No gas for next 2000 ly" sign while passing Betelgeuse, and fly around for a little bit trying to detect concentrations of he3 before moving on in disgust, and eventually calling Septuple-A for assistance.

Well, I think if I were a sophisticated alien (let's say I'm from Earth, I've blown up Earth Lobo-style, I'm immortal, and I'm too lazy to look for intelligent life elsewhere), I'll just bounce a signal off someone, see if they pick up on it, and attempt to analyze it. The trick is having some kind of information bounce back to me, thus knowing they've intercepted it. Of course, it would take some time to receive the bounce, right?

Well, perhaps the equipment I develop sends out a signal generated my some high-tech stuff that only people who've developed particular technologies and mastered particular realms of physics can analyze.

With this in mind, a signal will only be bounced back once other life have mastered those technologies and realms of knowledge. And from there, I'm notified that there is someone of equal intelligence as me in the Universe.

From there, I attempt to go visit them. Or perhaps I'll have my technology down a few steps so they don't try to visit me, pull a fast one on me, and attempt to take over my space fortress with gadgets and realms of knowledge they have yet to master yet can obtain via brute force.

I think there are few things that would entice aliens to visit Earth and start crap:

1) We actually build a time machine

Perhaps performing experiments in the mastering of the technology would be a signal for those who've already mastered it to come visit us: Thus making an intergalactic time travel war.

2) We master immortality

Maybe they wouldn't care. Maybe they would.

3) We somehow generate this crazy idea that there is indeed life out in space and have an amazing bloodlust to destroy all life beyond Earth (perhaps the Aliens are psychic and will pop up just to destroy us).

An old UFO people theories is the interplay between Egyptians and UFO people. But if we go back to Egyptian thinking, many were crazy and believed they developed time travel and immortality... And the Mayans did something similar. Perhaps UFO people did show up, destroy them, notice there really .. wasn't... anything special, and zipped away.

Surely, the whole astronaut image in one of the pyramids bothers me to this day.

Edited by Genecks

• 2 months later...

The most straightforward answer is that the UFO sightings aren't aliens. More likely that it was swamp gas from a weather balloon that was trapped in a thermal pocket and reflected the light from Venus.

You say that cause they haven't raped you yet.

Well I take the stance that it is mathematically impossible for there to NOT be life on other planets but the distances are so huge and would require such a huge energy source to overcome that we'll not likely be able to send or receive visitors. The only thing we have that could possibly do it is nuclear energy for distance or possibly some elaborate 1 way stage rocket for speed. We are a young species and perhaps the smarter ones gave up on such a waste of valuable resources.

I myself would rather have a stockpile of precious nuclear fuel on hand to take us out of here should we be staring at a doomsday asteroid than use it all up trying to reach another planet. That being said the earlier theory that perhaps they are sending signals and we haven't got the technology to receive them seems acceptable to me.

If you don't have a TV you can't pick up the broadcast can you? it's alot cheaper to send signals than vehicles so unless they have some constant supply of fuel they ain't coming and we aint going.

Maybe aliens understand the language of marketing because that's the dominant form of media communication and junk mail is filled with alien attempts to communicate with us by luring us into consumer exchanges.

Edited by lemur