When Did Time Start?

Basim

According to the big bang theory time,matter and everthing started in a split second but I don't understand something which is super heated ( something like 1 trillion trillion degrees celcius ) and eventually it created a super blast which made the universe. I still don't understand how time could actually be 'created' because it's not like matter, becuase you can't get a hold of time,you can't grasp time.

I think that time wasn't atcually created it was in existence before the big bang but that still desn't answer the question,"How did time start?"

According to the big bang theory time,matter and everything started in a split second but I don't understand something which is super heated ( something like 1 trillion trillion degrees Celsius ) and eventually it created a super blast which made the universe. I still don't understand how time could actually be 'created' because it's not like matter, because you can't get a hold of time,you can't grasp time.

I think that time wasn't actually created it was in existence before the big bang but that still doesn't answer the question,"How did time start?"

I am skeptic about big bang but time is very observable thing. It cannot be separated from matter. Ask experimentalist who monitor parameters. They use clocks. Time, if you like, is a periodic process with a sufficiently short period to label different stages of the observed transient to the required by you accuracy. Using time is using at least two different in "periods" physical processes: one is "slow" (a phenomenon being observed) and the other is "quick" (used as a clock).

The electric clock we using is related to the electron motion.

Mechanical clock is also related to the electron motion and gravity.

The electron motion is relate to the gravity and the relativity theory.

So we live in the time with which relativity, gravity and electron motion are correlated.

I think if there is no human,the concept of time is nonsense.Time is producted with describing the change around us.

I agree completely.

My own thoughts on Time & Space....

Time and Space have no Beginning and no End.

They are boundless and continue infinitely.

If someone says there was a beginning to Time, ask them what was going on ten minutes before Time began?

If someone says there is a moment when Time will end, I will say I'm going to be ten minutes late for the ending ceremonies.

Time can not be bent, curved altered or dilated. Time travel is impossible and will never happen. Nothing can go forward or backwards in time. Only in the human imagination are such things thought possible. Not in the real physical world. Time is a constant continuum of itself. Time is merely a concept. There was never a time before time. Some people believe time is a dimension that exist. I don't believe that is true. If you believe that time is more than a concept, I'll ask you to go get a bucket full of time and bring it to me. Can you put your finger on time? All you can do is imagine time is going by. Time goes by only because we believe it does. Man conceived the idea of time as a means of measuring how long things take. Go ask a cow what time it is. You will find that the cow knows nothing about time, and doesn't care.

I think I'll put some time aside today that I can use tomorrow. Time doesn't work that way. You can't hold time in your hand. You can't hold back time. Time waits for no one. A stopwatch doesn’t stop time. It only stops the process of measuring time at that moment. We live in the now, not the past or future. The past is gone forever. The future never arrives. Nothing is affected by time itself.

Everything is affected by what happens to it during a length of time.

Time does not turn the pyramids into ruble. Rain and wind over time do that. Not time.

When I hear someone say they believe time can warp or change in some physical way, I imagine the whole universe in a bubble inside of a glass bowl on the coffee table in Mother Nature’s living room. There is a clock on the wall ticking away the seconds.

No matter what anyone else thinks or believes, Mother Nature knows what time it is.

The universe is not in some kind of bubble. I can't help but think that concept is rather silly.

There is no reason to believe that is necessary within the laws of physics. No "Parallel Universe".

There are no fences or walls at the border of the Universe.

No sign that says:

"You have reached the end of the Universe" "No service stations beyond this point"

Even if all the "Matter" within the Universe dissipates down to "Nothing", the nothing continues infinitely.

It is Impossible for there to be an end to Time and Space or Nothing…

If there is an end to the nothing, what is on the other side? More nothing I presume.

If the Big Bang happened, it could be that it was just a little bang in one small part of the universe.

We will never know where that matter originally came from, or how long it existed before any kind of bang. To suggest that time began with a Big Bang is absurd. To say the universe began with the same bang is preposterous. For there to even be a bang, there must be something there to do the bang and that must have taken a very long time to get all that matter in one place. A very big place.

There may have been trillions of Big Bangs come and go in the entire universe.

There can be no end to the universe, and no beginning of time., nor, an end to time.

The so called Dark Matter is dark because it is nothing at all. Or Transparent Plasma

Separate the universe (space) from the matter that is within the universe.

I like to call it Something and Nothing.

There may be a limit to the Something, but the Nothing is infinite.

Man can calculate how long the light from a distant star takes to reach Earth. That has no bearing on where that star is within the universe, only how far from earth. The star may be right in the middle of the universe. Actually there is no middle, or edge to the universe. It is impossible for man to be certain about the age of the universe. I don't care who says they know such things, they are WRONG. No form of math can answer such questions. Einstein was wrong about a lot of his theories. Most of mans theories about the universe are wrong

There is no beginning or end to time or space. Man will never know where all the matter came from. Only speculations.

The big bang theory (BBT) states nothing about what came before it. That isn't to say there was no time before it, it is to say that we don't know. BBT is currently our best theory as to how the universe (as we know it) began. It is therefore, in my opinion, only correct to state that we don't know when time began or even if that is a right question to be asking.

!

Moderator Note

Just the Facts, please keep to only mainstream science replies when replying to people. If you want to talk about your own ideas on time please post them in the speculations part of the forum in their own thread. To add there are glaring problems in what you've posted not matching experimental evidence, eg what you say on Dark matter, we can measure its gravitational effects yet it does not interfere electromagnetically, it cannot therefore be a plasma.

The big bang theory (BBT) states nothing about what came before it. That isn't to say there was no time before it, it is to say that we don't know. BBT is currently our best theory as to how the universe (as we know it) began. It is therefore, in my opinion, only correct to state that we don't know when time began or even if that is a right question to be asking.

!

Moderator Note

Just the Facts, please keep to only mainstream science replies when replying to people. If you want to talk about your own ideas on time please post them in the speculations part of the forum in their own thread. To add there are glaring problems in what you've posted not matching experimental evidence, eg what you say on Dark matter, we can measure its gravitational effects yet it does not interfere electromagnetically, it cannot therefore be a plasma.

The real question is... what was here (universe) as in Matter, before a so called big bang occurred? Where did the matter come from? We will never know that answer. No god is ever going to come and reveal the truth, so we’ll just have to accept that reality. All we can do is look at what we see and attempt to make sense of it all. Electricity, plasma mag fields make sense. We use them all everyday. We control and manipulate them

Aren’t we smart.

If man never strayed from the “Main Stream“… man would still live on a flat planet in the Dark ages. Always be willing to go beyond the boundaries set by others. Especially if their income depends on it.

If man never strayed from the "Main Stream"… man would still live on a flat planet in the Dark ages. Always be willing to go beyond the boundaries set by others.

!

Moderator Note

The mainstream in science is what it is because it went through a trial by fire -- hundreds of attempts to disprove it, all failed. Whatever new idea you came up with does not conform to that standard, and you should not confuse our members by pretending it is. We can help you verify your idea (which like in all other science is done by trying to poke holes in it), but that should be done in its own thread not in someone else's. Explore past the boundaries if you like, but if you try exploring past the rules of this site you'll find yourself doing so elsewhere.

Time may have started when human beings started to calculate and measure the days past and to come. As a form of record keeping i would assume. As fas as the beggining of "time" bbt is our current closest theory we have, so there for has not been disproved. It might be possible that the fabric of matter in space has weight etc and a low spot in the fabric created a down hill effect in part the existing matter collected compressed and then boom... Just a thought...

Time may have started when human beings started to calculate and measure the days past and to come. As a form of record keeping i would assume. As fas as the beggining of "time" bbt is our current closest theory we have, so there for has not been disproved. It might be possible that the fabric of matter in space has weight etc and a low spot in the fabric created a down hill effect in part the existing matter collected compressed and then boom... Just a thought...

I can respect your thought.

But.. It seems the moderators may not like you posting mere thoughts, unless they agree with the current ruling class.

I happen to invite all thoughts… especially the ones I don’t agree with.

That is the foundation of any good debate. SO.. Keep thinking and share your thoughts often.

Good Day.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you presume time to exist in the absence of matter/energy? How can "nothing" either be frozen in time or progress very quickly? How can time exist for a duration of "nothing" to elapse? Nothing is simply nothing, with no time or space to measure anything as being absent. Therefore time, the dimension as you recognize it and project it onto everything you perceive without exception, cannot be attributed in the absence of any force/matter/energy, can it? Please also ask yourself if time as you know it can take place with force and/or matter but not energy? Personally, I do not think that time is anything except a function of energetic motion, but I'm not sure how speculative this would be considered by others so I state it with caution.

Right now, we are experiencing a present moment, in the distant past. A more interesting questoin maybe, "When did time seperate?"

What is the time?

It is difference between measurable time and absolute time.

Absolute time existed before the beginning of the Universe, we can not measure it.

But measurable time have existed after particles exist. All time flowing in the universe is related to particle movement.

If there were no energy, time does not flow. And the time we suffer is the same speed of particle movement.

We do not know absolute time flow rate in the Universe. The one all we believe it as absolutely standard time is relatively standard with particle movement.

time does not 'exist' per se

space does not 'exist' per se

time and space are properties of events which do exist (or rather 'happen')

events are the indivisible 'atoms' of existence

Edited by granpa

According to the big bang theory time,matter and everthing started in a split second but I don't understand something which is super heated ( something like 1 trillion trillion degrees celcius ) and eventually it created a super blast which made the universe. I still don't understand how time could actually be 'created' because it's not like matter, becuase you can't get a hold of time,you can't grasp time.

I think that time wasn't atcually created it was in existence before the big bang but that still desn't answer the question,"How did time start?"

Time isn't an actual force, just a periodic measurement with equidistant intervals, so I guess you could say it startled when someone started counting it.

Time isn't an actual force, just a periodic measurement with equidistant intervals, so I guess you could say it startled when someone started counting it.

Indeed, Time is not on the catalog of the 4 fundamental forces. One could say that Time is in

the catalog, since each of the 4 fundamental interactions is measured function of time.

The same comment for space.

I like to look at time as being what everything else is built on. Most think of 1 or 2 or 3 dimensions and then add time, i think it's the other way around. Time comes first then add the other three.

I agree 100%

Our consciousness is related to time. Whenever the electromagnetic waves moves on our brain, we have our consciousness. So consciousness is not continuous, but intermittent. We do not recognize it because the time gap is very short.

Edited by alpha2cen