If I take a loaded gun, put it to my head, and pull the trigger, will I die?

Destiny

Here's a thought experiment involving quantum suicide. Now let's assume I put a loaded gun to my forehead. I then pull the trigger, but I do not die. This is because two realities branch off, one in which I die, the other in which I am still alive. Of course, I don't recommend you take a gun to your head in real life and try to prove or disprove this theory, but it's an interesting theory, nonetheless. Check out this video on it (you may want to turn up your speakers):

Here's a thought experiment involving quantum suicide. Now let's assume I put a loaded gun to my forehead. I then pull the trigger, but I do not die. This is because two realities branch off, one in which I die, the other in which I am still alive. Of course, I don't recommend you take a gun to your head in real life and try to prove or disprove this theory, but it's an interesting theory, nonetheless. Check out this video on it (you may want to turn up your speakers):

Alternate planes of existence are already predicted by certain aspects of quantum mechanics, but branching universes aren't how quantum mechanics work exactly. Instead, its more of different positions of the same matter. In one "universe", we see matter occupying a specific position. In another universe, that matter occupies another specific position because the matter's existence cannot overlap itself by existing as two different states in the same place. So, what happens is, however matter specifically is in this universe, it can't specifically be that in another universe.

The branching universes theory has been remodeled from its pages and pages long equation to fit quantum mechanics itself more exactly, but even at that point, it seems more like the equation is saying every event is flipping a coin with your perception, which I don't think probability in quantum mechanics can be interpreted in the classical world.

Edited by steevey