injection of mercury

rogerxd45

so i have an odd question...

what would happen if you injected mercury into your body? now im sure the results will vary quite a bit depending on where the injection was and how much was injected.

so if this were fatal what would be the actual mode of death be?

It depends on the type of mercury. Organic short-chained mercury will destroy the central nervous system and cause confusion, psychosis etc. Inorganic mercury will cause severe gastrointestinal problems and kidney failure. All will cause necrosis of the tissues near the injection site. And you will go to prison.

Mercury used to be employed extensively in craft and industrial processes (e.g., hat making), and it has been used widely as an anti-syphilitic treatment in the West ever since Paracelsus in the 16th century. Since it is a neurotoxin and is harmful to bone health, however, its use in both industry and medicine has generally ceased.

Mercury used to be employed extensively in craft and industrial processes (e.g., hat making), and it has been used widely as an anti-syphilitic treatment in the West ever since Paracelsus in the 16th century. Since it is a neurotoxin and is harmful to bone health, however, its use in both industry and medicine has generally ceased.

This is where the expression 'Mad as a hatter' came from...their use of mercury

Don't even trying doing anything adventurous dude. Mercury can be very dangerous to your health and can cause lot of damage to your internal organs. It can also be poisonous. As said above you kidney and liver will severely affected by it and this can cause death as well. I don't understand why would anyone want to consume mercury. C'mon you aint gonna become superhero by consuming it.

• 4 weeks later...

Mercury is in HFCS and in alot of things. So yeah, youre eating and drinking it on a daily basis and doesn't it taste good?

What i dont understand is why the medical field, knowing how DANGEROUS this toxin is, just ignores when the symptoms of a patient match up with the symptoms of mercury? They act like they are so sure its not that when they dont even test for metal toxicity. Its bull...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't even trying doing anything adventurous dude. Mercury can be very dangerous to your health and can cause lot of damage to your internal organs. It can also be poisonous. As said above you kidney and liver will severely affected by it and this can cause death as well. I don't understand why would anyone want to consume mercury. C'mon you aint gonna become superhero by consuming it.

I read this and imagined someone mainlining mercury in hopes of heightened abilities.