Does he have a point?

rigney

Take a listen!

Allen West is is a US ARMY, Lt. Colonel: retired. He delivered a message which I thought was quite interesting. A Floridiana, the Colonel was elected to the US Congress in Nov. 2010. Regardless of your political beliefs or views, give me your opinion on his statements! Below are a couple interviews focusing on the man.

http://newzeal.blogspot.com/2010/11/allen-west-on-how-to-defeat-radical.html

Edited by rigney

Again it is difficult to understand whether the above is a manifestation of Poe's law or not. I only watched the embedded link

1. It wasn't a debate - it was two sound bites stitched together with a film clip.

2. Christianity doesn't exactly have a great non-aggression record - the church backed the iberian invasions of south/central america which almost wiped out a people, they encouraged the french expansion into africa and indochina, british brutality all around the world - even into the 20th century showed an astounding lack of reaction to fascist dictatorships in Italy, Spain, and Germany. And don't mention the crusades; I said it once but I think I got away with it.

3. Equating extremists in any group with the main stream is a flaw in logic.

4. "on any jihadist website" - is that where lawmakers get their information from? For crying out loud - give me ten minutes and I can find a website saying that the pentagon and

whitehouse are just puppets of the scienceforums.net moderators who in fact are the twelve wise men of the la-li-lo-le-lu. Websites are not fact, nor are they representative.

And that's just my initial reactions to 2:38 of the "debate". And before you paint me as a Islam apologist (in the new sense of the word), I am not; I really dislike Islam with a passion. But baseless assertions regarding the Koran and pointless allusions to battles in the 7th century are no way to promote one's views