aluminium powder

Guest nuttyman2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"its the circuits which are made out of silicon"

Well duh! :) I was just amazed of the fact that it's POROUS silicon, which is quite an exotic form of it.

And tolgucak, no matter how bad you want the 6061 powder, tripleposting is not a good option. :)

Guest tolgucak

really sorry for trippleposting!. it's just my newness of this forum.

yes this (6061) is a magnesium and silicon alloyed aluminum. I will use the powder for my thesis.

• 1 year later...

If anybodys still intersted you can get sheets of alu relativly cheaply from some hobby shops. Otherwise ask at your high school/secondary school engineering department, they sometimes have off-cuts which you can get for free ;)

• 2 years later...

This thread has been dead for years and now but anyway.

When i need Al powder and it isn't critical that it be very fine (or pure for that matter) then i just take Aluminium foil and put it in a blender. If you run the blender long enough it makes it fine enough to make thermite with ;) and you get showers of bright white burning pices of Al what ever you use it in. :)

• 1 month later...

You might be able to make pyro-grade aluminum powder with a strong base. You'll have to keep it from oxidizing though. If it's aluminum oxide, don't not or inhale it. You can actually make delta dust from that stuff. DON'T use a powered grinder of any sort. First of all you will make it dull. Second it will become corrosive to the parts making the wheel turn and could possible come off; how much would it hurt getting hit by a heavy wheel turning possible 1000rpm or higher? It most likely wouldn't do it to a blender though.