Can psychics really see the past/future?

Guest marysol2103

Guest marysol2103

I’m sure everyone has seen the signs for “$5 Psychic Readings” in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There’s been documented cases in the past where police haven’t been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help. What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking trials?)

I’m not an expert myself on the topic, but I’ve been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It’s on Wednesday’s at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.

~ Marysol

Guest NewLight
There’s been documented cases in the past where police haven’t been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help. What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

It's funny that I know both worlds:

- I am a scientist, trying to understand everything exactly,

- and I am sensitive and "I can see dead people" (and I know many people who can).

But I also can see parts of what happened during a crime. Usually I don't pay attention to it, so I can still sleep. But with each picture, there is more information coming through in the "dreaming reality". Which means that somehow my intuition, "fantasy" and dreams can run wild on just a picture. Or sometimes it is just an idea. The "talent" depends on how intuitive you are and at the same time free from distracting thoughts. Prejudice, hatred and fear darkens or completly block this intuition.

The difficulty is to see the difference between the thoughts and dreams of all the people involved (including spectators and investigators). And to "see or dream" what the "residue energie" is telling about the crime. The latter is the only one giving the answer.

Luckily most people that have committed crimes usually show out very well, and can even be "traced". But there are also criminals "disturbing the energies" using their own talents, which makes it often harder to tell what is going on.

The conclusion: It still takes some experience to see what is "real" or not.

And if you want to know about your future, these talents can help, but it is only you who can make decisions in your life and you are the only one who lives it.

If you want to solve crimes with it, it may help you to find some evidence, and also help you to understand why the crime was commited. Finally you may find that on "dream-level" we are all connected, this may help in forgiving and even reunite us with the ones we love.

On scientific level there have been few theories, but some interesting experiments using "remote viewing". http://www.remoteviewing.com/ This was researched by the CIA, and Russia has conducted similar research.

The problem is that we can not yet model this psychic stuff, because we as scientists don't know what is going on. From some scientific reports from China we get some clues that this psychic stuff, called Chi or Qi in China is influencing all physical models. http://www.yanxinqigong.net/

Other interesting stuff is going on in the more fundamental brain-research where quantum-phenomena may interact with the brain. http://www.hamerhoff.com

On scientific level there have been few theories' date=' but some interesting experiments using "remote viewing". http://www.remoteviewing.com/ This was researched by the CIA, and Russia has conducted similar research.

The problem is that we can not yet model this psychic stuff, because we as scientists don't know what is going on.[/quote']

AFAIK the CIA experiments concluded that there weren't any results better than random chance.

Even if the alleged phenomenon/mechanism isn't understood, it can be studied scientifically. You can do controlled experiments, and nobody has ever demonstrated any results that were statistically better than guessing. If you can, I think James Randi has $1 million for you.