sperm question

Nothing. Unless they have a sperm allergy hah.

I doubt a sperm could "dock" on to the animal's egg. And even if it could, fertilisation wouldn't proceed not least due to differing numbers of chromosomes.

The chicken's immune system might recognize the sperm as foreign living matter and attack it.

IIRC on the subject of chromosome count, horses (64 chromosomes) and donkeys (62 chromosomes) producing mules/etc (63 chromosomes) may be the only exception.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe chimps and humans could probally breed. But no one will do it for moral reasons. Some monkeys and man are more related than other animals that breed.

I think.

Considering humans and chimpanzees have different numbers of chromosomes, and children born with an abnormal number of chromosomes are (usually) mentally retarded/suffer various disabilities, I consider this spurious.

Considering humans and chimpanzees have different numbers of chromosomes, and children born with an abnormal number of chromosomes are (usually) mentally retarded/suffer various disabilities, I consider this spurious.

I think the good would outway the bad here. I'd love to see a monkey/man. Or to see it even tried. Who gives a damn about the what ifs.

called hybrids

Not being an expert at all, after some search, I see that Homo Sapiens is "the only living species in the Homo genus of bipedal primates in Hominidae, the great ape family". (from wiki)

Since hybridation works mainly between members of the same genus, I doubt breeding a human with an ape would work.

Edited by michel123456