How do you spend your time on the internet

Aladdin's

I'm retired and usually have a little look at my computer quite often and usually am involved in some sort of project.

Over the years I have done a bit of family research.

I have a son-in-law who likes to join me and we challenge the world to a game of chess as we share a bottle of whisky.

I like to play a little poker - but I know it will not make me rich.

I call my computer the Oracle as if something comes into question I can usually get an answer from Google.

My wife and I have very different interests, she is musical and I am practical - so I get a different form of conversation from this forum.

I keep my eye on my bank account and do a little shopping - although I prefer seeing and touching before buying.

Although I prefer the telephone I do some emailing - especially where pictures are concerned.

Almost 2000 posts on SFN.

I like to read the news, both the "regular" news and technology/science-news.

I watch streaming movies/series/documentaries (streaming-madness.net is a good one). Youtube too, obviously.

Social stuff goes through email alone now. I never chat anymore. Don't use other social media. Somehow I replaced chatting with real-life chatting somewhere in the past years. Can't say it was intentional, either.

XKCD

Slashdot

And I used to keep a blog, but although I have motivation, I don't make the time anymore now.

That's about it.

Edited by CaptainPanic

• 2 weeks later...

• sfn (but lately about half of the posts here are by people on my ignore list, so it's getting a bit boring)
  • www.spiegel.de (it's news, it's free, it's pretty crappy)
  • google c++ related question (always the same ones because I can't remember the answer from last time)
  • downloading articles for print (and never read them)
  • check who cited my papers (no one does)
  • buying train tickets (instead of buying them at the train station where I don't have to provide my personal details like my phone number for a f... train ticket).

I wonder how I could survive before the internet.

• 2 weeks later...

Well when im not working which is hardly ever, i like to learn everything i can. News cnn, msnbc you tube of course. I am also study herpetology so when not working i usualy study my snakes. Along with the latest reaseach available etc.. But mainly work, family life due to being thrusted into marriage and becoming a father in 7 months! Im very happy but it seems all the research i do about raising children etc is still making me nervous but with anything you just have to do it. And my infamous secret love ancient alien theory.....