Red hair genetics

Dexxter

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum and I'm very curious about red hair genetics.

There was something very astounding about them.

Many people says they have a different odour, others say that they smell when it rains.

I'm curious about that! Is it true? And if it's true, is there a scientific reason to explain this?

I hope I have not posted in the wrong section!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum and I'm very curious about red hair genetics.

There was something very astounding about them.

Many people says they have a different odour, others say that they smell when it rains.

I'm curious about that! Is it true? And if it's true, is there a scientific reason to explain this?

I hope I have not posted in the wrong section!

I've always had something for red heads, i was married to one for several years. She has no odor or smell that was different than any other red head or any other hair or skin color. I am very sensitive in the area of smell, I can tell when the wife was ovulating by her smell and pregnant women have a particular odor too but no odor for just red heads.

I agree small bang, red heads are just unusual in our society, something like less than 4% in the world, less 2% in the USA. They stand out because they are unusual and catch the eye (not the nose) and not because they are in any way less than anyone else. ( I still have a thing for red heads though, lol)