Video - Global Warming Doomsday Called Off

murshid

I'm not sure. I watched the first few minutes and they mentioned the "most recent" IPCC report in 2001, so it could be from before AR4.

Its from April 2007 I think, so just before AR4. I am on a laptop atm, so can't watch it, but will look later. According to the info I could find online (Infowars.com etc), it includes the Willie Soon and Sallie Balinuas interpretation of data which if I remember was the Climate Research journal paper which lead to the resignation of a load of the editors.

I will take a look at it later today hopefully, but my initial search of sites where it is recommended does not leave me with a good feeling about its accuracy.

I watched about 3/4 of it. Nothing stood out as inaccurate as far as I could see, but, as expected from a documentary, the information and explanations are one-sided. It is also a bit out of date as others have noted. It is not a balanced presentation of the facts, but if you were to go looking for all the facts, this would not be a terrible choice for a slightly dated view of the sceptic only position. If you were able to obtain a discussion from the warmists view on these same topics you may be able to make some informed inferences.

Okay, I've watched the whole thing through.

I agree with cypress that there isn't much to call inaccurate, but there have been some changes since the show was made. Christy and Spencer have redone the satellite data and the various temperature graphs are now in much closer agreement.

I echo cypress that it is a documentary from the sceptic POV and as such must be regarded as biased. Aside from Gores propaganda piece I'm not aware of a similar effort from the warmer side so I'm not sure what you could compare it to.

The bottom line is that the best thing is to only use documentaries as a strarting point. Read as much as possible and try to follow the discussions at places like Judith Curries blog. Try to avoid the echo chambers.

...I only have to watch the first couple seconds to realise it was bias to the sceptic POV...

So what? AIT is biased the other way.

There is nothing intrinsically wrong with a biased documentary so long as it is recognised as such. It's the ones that hide the bias that are lying.

Although I must ask, do you know of any reputable "warmer" scientists that are claiming that Doomsday is coming? The apocalyptic claims are coming from politicians and NGOs, not practicing scientists. Even the UK Met Office has called off "Doomsday".

For even more entertainment and to show the absolute blithering idiocy of those gathered at Cancun, CFACTS pulled the old "DiHydrogen MonOxide" scam on delegates. They had no shortage of people willing to sign a petition to ban this evil substance. :doh::lol:

Americans be warned that many delegates also signed a petition for UN sanctions to destabilize" the US economy and reduce your GDP by 6%. How does it feel to know that many of these people from NGOs are quite happy to beggar you if it helps to "save the planet"?

For even more entertainment and to show the absolute blithering idiocy of those gathered at Cancun, CFACTS pulled the old "DiHydrogen MonOxide" scam on delegates. They had no shortage of people willing to sign a petition to ban this evil substance. :doh::lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: