White House backs NSSM200 eugenics to African Nations, pressures Kenya to pass pro-abortion constitution

needimprovement

http://saynsumthn.wordpress.com/2010/07/07/white-house-backs-nssm200-eugenics-to-african-nations-pressures-kenya-to-pass-pro-abortion-constitution/?ref=nf

The link above is one of the reason why US economic has been spiraling all the way down to the bottom because Obama is giving away the taxpayer's hard-earned money to other countries.

I wonder he is supporting abortion to other countries when abortion is illegal in US. it doesn't make sense giving away 2 million dollars to other countries in order to have abortion law enacted. It's kind-of-way beyond my understanding.

What are your thoughts on this?

If Obama can convince a government to pass a new constitution that will make the country more pro-American for as little as 2 million, then he's made a brilliant move. To call Kenia's new constitution the "pro-abortion constitution" is of course a populist trick - it's very unlikely that abortion is the only topic on a constitution... and it's even unlikely that it's the main topic. Anyway, some of the USA's closest allies have legalized abortion a long time ago, and still have strong ties (financial and military) with the USA.

Furthermore, I'd say it is quite common to try and influence laws in other countries? And the price tag of 2 million is negligible.

The USA has been doing this worldwide for many decades, with donations and programs which far exceeded the puny 2 million mentioned in this article.

The USA is smart to try and keep a little control in Africa, while China is using big money to buy the entire continent as we speak.

Abortion isn't illegal in the USA. Wade v Roe was the landmark case you need to read up; of course, there are limits to legal abortion and different rules for different trimesters of pregnancy but abortion is legal in the USA. Some states have passed law that in the absence (overturning or partial overturning) of Wade v Roe will re-criminalize abortion, and other have passed law that will legalise; but these laws remain in abeyance until the SCOTUS judgment is, in some way, weakened. There is constant talk of Wade v Roe being re-visited, but the ruling still stands as binding precedent.

The Kenyan constitution has now been passed and the international reaction to it has been good; both politically and economically. Kenya needed a new constitutional settlement, the aftermath of the 2007 elections proved that. For the world's dominant democracy to abstain from comment and encouragement (and let's face it 2 million bucks is a lot to you and me, but peanuts in the overall scale of things) because of a small section of the overall plan would have been madness. Saysumthn's idea of eugenics through abortion is mindless of the numbers; allowing (or actively encouraging) east Africa to destabilize is far more 'effective'. The crimes perpetrated in and against sub-Saharan Africa are numerous, bloody, and heinous; from a humanist point of view there are more important things to worry about than codifying abortion laws into the constitution.

My thoughts on this are that it's a random conspiracy blog that doesn't link to primary sources, so I have no idea what the proposed Kenyan constitution is or what the U.S. government's relationship to it is. However, I'm guessing "Obama is illegally pushing eugenics in Kenya" is ridiculously inaccurate.

Also, foreign aid is only about 1% of the federal budget, and has been about 1% of the budget for years. So "the reason why US economic has been spiraling all the way down to the bottom because Obama is giving away the taxpayer's hard-earned money to other countries" is also ridiculously inaccurate.

Also, abortion is not illegal in the United States. So, again: ridiculously inaccurate.

If Obama can convince a government to pass a new constitution that will make the country more pro-American for as little as 2 million, then he's made a brilliant move. To call Kenia's new constitution the "pro-abortion constitution" is of course a populist trick - it's very unlikely that abortion is the only topic on a constitution... and it's even unlikely that it's the main topic. Anyway, some of the USA's closest allies have legalized abortion a long time ago, and still have strong ties (financial and military) with the USA.

Furthermore, I'd say it is quite common to try and influence laws in other countries? And the price tag of 2 million is negligible.

The USA has been doing this worldwide for many decades, with donations and programs which far exceeded the puny 2 million mentioned in this article.

The USA is smart to try and keep a little control in Africa, while China is using big money to buy the entire continent as we speak.

I don't understand this kind of political pragmatism. The issue should be whether abortion is right or wrong and whether spending to influence laws is right or wrong. Why does the moral/ethical discussion get skirted in favor of relativizing the damage?

I think this was a play (embellishing eugenics*) on news from last summer, based on some of the following. With out agreeing or attempting to argue the points (wrong forum for that), you welcome to review the articles. Basically it purports that Obama or Obama's Book influenced the New Kenian Constitution and the built in "Social Justice", involved. Biden did go to Kenya before passage, supporting the later passed Constitution and certainly connected US Aid if the Constitution passed. What the aid is spent for is rarely an issue, since the US has virtually no way of verifying how any aid is spent.

*The link was written July 7th, 2010, when all the below was going on. I suppose abortion to some might be eugenics in Africa, but in the US it's not understood in that manner.

If you just put that one piece of the puzzle into place and ask what does the title of the book mean, the Dreams From My Father, what were the dreams from his father and the dreams of Obama's grandfather? The dream was an independent Kenya. The dreams of his father was a Marxist utopia for that now independent nation and today the dream is complete. The new Kenyan Constitution has passed. It's an exciting new document, it is. It contains the preamble spelling out social justice of the people's right to housing, health care, and food. [/Quote]

http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/43878/

The 2010 Constitution of Kenya was drawn up to replace the first constitution of Kenya. The constitution was presented to the Attorney General of Kenya on April 7, 2010, officially published on May 6, 2010, and was subjected to a referendum on August 4, 2010.[1] The new Constitution was approved by 67% of Kenyan voters.[2] The constitution was promulgated on 27th August 2010.....

An advanced Bill of Rights that among other things recognizes Social-Economic rights of the Kenyan citizens. (Chapter Four).[/Quote]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Kenya

The Obama administration is offering incentives to Kenya to approve a controversial new constitution that would legalize abortion for the first time, promising that passage will "allow money to flow" into the nation's coffers, including U.S. aid.

But there's a hitch to that pledge. A federal law known as the Siljander Amendment passed in 2006 makes it illegal for the U.S. government to lobby on abortion in other countries -- and three U.S. lawmakers say they want a federal investigation into the promises made by the administration.[/Quote]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07/06/white-house-backs-kenyan-constitution-allowing-abortion/

Some african nations have problems with overpopulation. If there are droughts, famines, the pressure of overpopulation leads to genocides and wars. The UN and aids agencies will need to go there. Suppose there is not much struggle for existence there, your governments pay less for UN operations.

However, some african nations may have some corruption. Maybe the new laws will be discarded after some years. or the african governments are unable to do anything, as I suppose these countries are big and don't have effective communications at some areas.

or is it that africans are anticipated to enter USA in large numbers ?